Chapter 11

Jisung watches as Changbin and Hyunjin walk into the living room. Something felt off about them. Was Hyunjin's hair different? Or was Jisung just imagining things because he was rooting for his friend or maybe because he was very drunk? So many questions, yet no answers. Oh well, he was having a great time tonight. They really needed this to let off steam from all the work they had been doing. Jisung was so happy that all his friends were also enjoying themselves. He felt incredibly lucky to have such amazing friends in his life. Yup, his brain was definitely rambling on due to all the liquor in his system.

Jisung feels Felix slump next to him, his head resting on Jisung's shoulder. That boy really was a lightweight. Jisung reaches out and pats Felix's head, who hums gently, enjoying the feel of Jisung's hands on his head. Jisung notices that Felix was holding onto Chan's hand.

"Felix, are you feeling okay?" Jisung ask, a little worried that Felix might be feeling sick from the alcohol.

"Hmmmmmm, yeah..." Felix replies, his deep voice vibrating against Jisung's body. "Sleepy," Felix say as he looks up at Jisung's face, whose heart melts as he looks back at Felix. He could see Felix's eyes barely open as he looks at him.

"Wanna go to my room? I'll take you there, and you can sleep. Don't force yourself to stay awake if you're tired. Let's go." Jisung say as he starts to get up, making sure that Felix wasn't leaning on him as he did so. He pulls Felix up, who got up with Chan's help, as Chan had been listening to their conversation and agreed with Jisung.

"Guys, I'm taking this one to bed, I might also pass out too. Thanks for the night and Happy birthday Binnie." With that, Felix and Jisung are gone as everyone say their goodnights to them.

"I think I should head out too," Peniel says, taking this chance to leave the party. Soon, all the guests start to get up and say their goodbyes, and only the six remaining group members were left.

"Should we clean up?" Minho asks the room.

"We should, but I don't wanna," Jeongin says, clearly a little too tipsy for his own good.

"Seungmin, are you okay?" Minho asks while looking at their maknae who looks like he was about to fall asleep on the couch. Seungmin nods in reply. "Okay, can you take Innie home? I'll come as soon as I finish cleaning up." With little protest, Jeongin and Seungmin leave, happy to go home and sleep in their own beds. So now, there were only four: Hyunjin, Changbin, Minho, and Chan. They all help tidy up the living room and then make their way to the kitchen. They look around at the mess in the kitchen - glasses littered everywhere, dirty plates piled up in the trash, and spilled drinks on the floor.

"I'll put away all the food. Hyunjin, why don't you take another trash bag out and throw away all the dirty plates and glasses. Binnie, you put away all the liquor, and Minho, can you please clean up the floor? You know where the broom and mop are, right?" Chan directs everyone on their assigned chores. They all get busy with their tasks, and in 20 minutes, the kitchen was back to its normal state.

"Bin, we didn't even cut your cake," Chan says as he puts away the last bit of food and notices the cake box. He turns to everyone still in the kitchen, feeling bad that he forgot about the cake.

A loud, dramatic gasp escapes Hyunjin's mouth as he covers it with his hand. "Bang Chan, how could you forget my cake?" Changbin says, joining Hyunjin in an attempt to make their leader feel guilty.

"Oh, shut up, you two," Chan rolls his eyes at them, pulls out the box, and places it on the counter. He rummages through the drawer to find the candles and lighter.

"Here, let me help," Minho says as he walks up to their leader. They both prepare the cake while Changbin and Hyunjin sit down at the now clean table. Chan lights the candles that Minho placed on the cake, puts away the lighter, and turns to the birthday boy. He pauses when he sees the smile that Hyunjin and Changbin share between each other. It fills his heart with joy. 'Looks like they stopped fighting again,' he thinks to himself, a bright smile present on Chan's face. He walks towards the pair and places the cake in front of the birthday boy, even though it is past midnight.