The First Look

On October 28 I was awoken by my best friend, Mia, jumping on my bed screaming "WAKE UP BITCH TODAYS GAMEDAY." I groaned as I kicked her ankle causing her to fall down onto my bed. "Please stop screaming and get out of my room Mia." I feel the bed shift and soon feel her right beside me as she rips the blanket from covering my face. "Will you get up if we go get Starbucks" I immediately hop out the bed and run to my closet as Mia starts laughing. I grab some clothes and run into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face before I throw my clothes on. I throw on some gray Nike sweatpants and a white Lululemon tank, along with my Birkenstocks and put my hair into my light blue claw clip. As Mia and I rush out of my room and down the sorority house stairs, a group of my "sisters" stop us in our tracks. "Hey girls, we have to be at Carver by 6 so we can make sure we get good seats in the student section, so please be ready by then!" As she says that last part she glares at Mia which causes my to let out a quiet giggle. "Yes mom", Mia says as she grabs my hand and walks out the door.

Time Skip

After Mia finally gave into me forcing her to drive, we pulled into the Starbucks parking lot. Mia parked horribly as usual, and hopped out the car. As we walk inside, Mia cautiously says, "So how are you doing after the breakup with Jake?" My smile immediately drops along with my stomach. "I'm fine, what do you mean?" Mia looks at me, but decides to give up, not wanting to push me any further. We order our drinks and skip back to the car. I steal the aux and start to blast Cruel Summer by the one and only queen herself, Taylor Swift. As we scream the music with the windows down, all the built up feeling about my past breakup flows out of my body and out of the window... For now.

Time Skip

My 5 o'clock alarm blares through my room just as me and the girls finish watching the movie Tangled. Everybody jumps up and scurry's off to their room to start getting ready for the first game of the new season. As I struggle to pick out my outfit, Mia walks in like she knew I was struggling. "Here hun let me help you out." She looks at all my options and opts for a cropped Iowa Hawkeye sweatshirt with black flared leggings and my black platformed converses. "Cute and comfy, perfect for the game", Mia says. "Oh my gosh you"re literally a life saver", I say as she goes to sit on my bed. "Yea I know, what would you do without me?", she asks. "I'd probably be dead", I returned as we both burst into laughter. I settled with light makeup and straightened my hair as I was running low on time. As 6 hits I grab my clear Iowa purse and run out of the door, hopping into my car, with Mia not too far behind me.

Mini Time Skip

We finally made it into the arena and ended up snagging front row seats in the student section. After about 15 minutes later, all of Carver is filled to the brim with Hawkeye fans. Me and the girls are taking pictures when we hear the announcer yell "AND HERE ARE YOUR IOWA HAWKEYES!" We all turn around and start to cheer on the girls running out of the tunnel. I survey the team and one girl instantly catches my attention. The star point guard Caitlin Clark. As she runs out and starts hyping up the fans, I can't seem to take my eyes off of her, like she's got me in some kind of trance. Before I was able to look I eyes connect with mine. Neither of us break the eye contact until her coach Bluder yells "CAITLIN GET OVER HERE." Caitlin looks at her coach, then glimpses back at me and runs to her team huddle. My friends all start staring at me and asking what that interaction was about. "I have no absolute clue, but she's one fine mf." All the girls burst out laughing, and hyping me up, since all of them now know I'm bisexual. After the girls get introduced and the starters get called, they line up for tip off. As everybody's waiting for the ball to go up I catch someone staring at me. #22, Caitlin Clark to be exact.

Time Skip

Here and there throughout the game I would catch #22 looking at me. If it was smiling at me after she made a good pass, or immediately looking over to me after she scored, it never failed that our eyes would lock. The Hawks won 108-29, as we already predicted. Me and the girls spent our time cheering and occasionally freaking out after seeing Caitlin staring at me again. But finally the game had came to an end, as we all started to file out of the student section. As I started to walk up the stares, something tells me to turn around. As I turn around I see #22 standing close by the bleachers, watching me. We hold eye contact for what seems like hours, until Mia turns around and yanks my arm, yelling "Taytum, snap out of it. We got a party to go to!" Before I actually tear my eyes away from the tall brunette, she smiles and winks at me, and confidently walks away. An immediate blush rises on my face as I turn around happily looking at Mia, saying "Yea let's get to that party."

977 Words
KB Speaks!
WOW! First chapter done! I'm so sorry for the wait for this, but I honestly forgot that I was starting to write this! In the future I plan on making longer chapters, but until I get the hang of this writing stuff, this is the best I can do haha. I hope you guys enjoyed! X

Feel free to leave some suggestions for upcoming chapters in the comments, I look forward to reading them, and I could always use some ideas!

Ughhh mommy looking good as always... (I plan on putting a pic of miss Caitlin at the end of every chapter!!)