fourteen

NARRATIVE

AMINA AND ALEJANDRO RUSHED INSIDE AS THEY GO BACK TO THE HOUSE," After the two took a quick shower they changed into different clothes and rushed outside where Edi, Alejandro's Mom, and "Gabi?" Alejandro said as he spotted her in the backseat of the car. "Mom what is she doing here?" He says as him and Amina slide into the backseat, Amina in the middle.

Edi turned around and looked at Amina. "You two have fun last night?"

Alejandro rolled his eyes. "Mom? Why is Gabi here" He asked again.

"Her parents are out of town—I thought it would be nice"

"Nice to bring her around when my girlfriend is visiting? Ha" Alejandro said with a huff, putting his arm around Amina and moving her closer to him as he looked out the window.

-

When they arrived at the lake Amina was beyond excited, and she made sure Alejandro knew. He was in a poor mood after finding out Gabi was tagging along, not wanting to make the experience awkward for Amina. As Edi and his mom took the paddle boards out of the trunk Amina walked up to Alejandro who was a further away, looking towards the lake.

"Hey, it's no issue with Gabi being here, you know that right? I'm totally fine" She said grabbing his hands and making him look at her.

He nods his head. "It's just, my mom always tries to make her like she's apart of the family—and she's not"

"It's okay Alejandro, let's just have fun. I'm having fun, just because you're here"

-

They took the paddle boards out to the water and it took Amina a minute to get used to it, and the next thing you know she was one of the best out there.

The energy was good—expect for everytime Gabi tried to crack a joke with Alejandro, or get to close to him and he would move closer to Amina.

After the paddle boarding they all decided to go to the food shack, off the shore of the water and get lunch. "Can you take my instagram pictures for me?" Amina asked Alejandro after they placed their order.

"I can!" Gabi said with a smile.

"Umm, sure" Amina said.

Gabi followed Amina into the forest where they spotted a bridge. "Right here should be nice" She said as she began to pose. "Just keep spamming the button"

"How many followers do you have?" Gabi said as she took pictures.

"I don't know. Like 500k, thanks" She said taking her phone back and heading back to the shack where their food was waiting for them.

"Gabi isn't that bad" She said picking through her food as she took a big bite. "These don't look the worse," She said handing her phone over to him.

He scrolled through them, a smile across his face. "You're so cute" He said.

Amina smiled and nudged his shoulder. "There's that smile"