I

Judah Skye Mizrahi
Manhattan New york
Friday 7:19 pm.

Judah twisted the cap to the orange pill bottle and poured 3 unknown pills into the palm of his hand. Without thinking he tossed them into his mouth and swallowed them dry. Although there wasn't anything to be happy about, Judah still smiled at his reflection in the mirror.

The Ginger curls that crowned Judah's head were lengthy, reaching down to his mid-back. He knew that it was a shame that they have become matted and unkempt. His golden brown eyes, which used to have a delightful sparkle about them, seem to have dulled and now possess a faint red tinge, like he was on a forever high. He has neglected his once well-maintained bronze skin, and his beard had grown out months ago.

Despite any external distractions, Judah was always lost in his thoughts and impervious to interference. His stomach suddenly grumbled, reminding him that he hadn't eaten since yesterday morning. He reluctantly got up from his bed and retrieved his keys from his dresser.

He searched for his phone, he patted his jeans pockets and scanned the room. He realized that the only available payment option was Apple Pay since he had lost his wallet and debit card. He shook his head in frustration, but then remembered he had left his phone on the bathroom counter. He retrieved it and headed out of his room.

"Roy!" Judah shouted to his black and white Burnadoodle. Within moments, Roy came sprinting toward him at full speed. Judah then stooped down to place his harness around his body. and left his small house.

After unlocking the doors of his matte red Chrysler 300, Judah placed Roy in the passenger seat before settling into the driver's seat and backing out of his driveway.

Judah lacked cooking skills and only knew how to prepare noodles in the microwave. Additionally, his home lacked silverware and cookware. As a result, he frequently dined at fast food chains or visited his older brother's home, where his sister-in-law prepared soul food most nights. Judah made a habit of stopping by almost every day.

After driving for almost seven minutes, Judah decided to stop by his older brother Jonah's house and grab a to-go plate from his sister-in-law.

After a 28-minute drive, Judah arrived at his brother and sister-in-law's house and parked his car in the circular driveway. He entered their home without knocking and led Roy in, his comfort animal, by his side. Despite being meant for comfort, Roy was more of a friend to Judah, since he didn't have any friends besides his brother-- If that counted.

"Juggy!", his niece Aaliyah suddenly called out his family nickname name and ran towards him with all her might. While being too high to avoid her embrace, he wasn't able to dodge her. "Move, bastard." he maneuvered his legs out of her grip and muttered under his breath. A frown set on Aaliyah's face as she stood up with her lip quivering.

Judah sighed reaching into his pocket and grabbing a loose five-dollar bill, her daddy had her spoiled rotten and taught her that if she cried she was more likely to get what she wanted.

He approached the kitchen, he heard faint chatter. He entered the room and discovered his sister-in-law at the stove with an unfamiliar person that stood beside her.

Both of them had bronze skin, slim and curvy bodies, and long naturally curly hair. While one of them had her hair in a bun, the other's wild curls were well-maintained. It's safe to say that the unknown woman was truly beautiful.

Judah entered the kitchen, his sister-in-law, Monet briefly turned around to acknowledge him. "Hey Juggy, are you hungry?" she asked, setting down her phone. He felt the unfamiliar woman's eyes scanning him up and down, causing him to shield his face with a mug.