Family dinner

"Ahhh! My babies," My mum practically screeches, throwing her arms around me and Emilio and smothering us in kisses

"Mom," Emilio gently pushes her away, embarrassed from all the people looking at us. "Emi let your mother hug you," My dad tuts, now swinging his arm around me.

"What do you think about going out for some proper food," My mum suggests after fussing over us for a few more minutes, eyeing the bland looking sandwiches laid out on a table in the common room.

We happily agree and head towards the courtyard.

"Wait," I sigh, having an internal battle with myself. "Can I bring a friend?" I ask, images of Harper sitting alone in our desolate room as we all go have fun with our families haunting my mind.

"Yes." "No." My parents say in unison. "Let the boy bring his friend," My dad says, siding with me.

"Absolutely not, I haven't seen you two in over a month and I will not compete for attention with that gang of hooligans you call friends," My mum rants, probably still mad from the time I brought my friends to visit my house in Italy and they completely trashed the place and drove my mum's favourite car into the pool.

"It's actually a girl," I interject.

"Oh my god, why didn't you say so," She gasps. "Santiago did you hear that, our baby has a girlfriend," She gushes.

"She's not my girlfriend," I roll my eyes, already slightly regretting my decisions.

"Yeah yeah," My dad scoffs. "Whatever you say son," He teases, causing Emilio to snort at my expense.

"Well go get her!" My mum says excitedly. I don't have to be asked twice, willing to do anything to get out of this conversation and head towards the dorms.

I knock on the door, a habit I've picked up ever since I walked in on her getting changed. "Yeah?" I hear her call from the other side.

I walk in, seeing her sat crossed legged on the floor colouring. She's wearing a little skirt with tights and leg warmers paired with a comfy jumper.

"Hi!" She looks up at me happily. "Did you forget something?" She asks, her eyebrows furrowed.

Okay maybe I didn't think this all the way through. I've never asked a girl to come out with me before, they usually just come to me.

"Do you wanna erm...come out with me and my parents for dinner," I ask nervously, cringing at my own words.

The brightest smile I've ever seen spreads across her face but it quickly disappears and morphs into a concerned expression.

"Are you sure? Did your parents say it was okay?" She asks worriedly. "Yeah of course, they love meeting my friends," I lie, holding my hand out for her to take. She pulls herself up and we head to the door.