01

Coming back home to South Central LA was not something that Vicki Davis saw in her cards

Coming back home to South Central LA was not something that Vicki Davis saw in her cards. After getting off her first world tour, Vicki had a hard time writing songs for her third studio album, so Jodie Davis suggested that her daughter come home, in hopes that inspiration would strike for her. So, here she was, walking up the steps of her childhood home, holding two suitcases and a duffle bag.

"Baby girl." Jodie pulled her only child into her arms as she stood on the porch, wearing a robe and slippers, "Get settled and then the two of us are going to head over to Louie and Jerome's, because they've been asking about you." Jodie informed her daughter as they walked inside the house. Vicki nodded her head as she looked around the living room.

Pictures lined the wall; the majority were of Vicki and the guys. Franklin Saint, Kevin Hamilton, and Leon Simmons. Those three were Vick's world as a kid, she was always around them. It was always them four and then Melody came along, and Vicki could not be happier to have another girl in the group. When Melody came into the group, Vicki and she became closer than her and the guys. Melody was the first person that Vicki admitted to having a crush on Leon too, Franklin and Kevin followed soon after.

Vicki made her way to her bedroom. Her cheeks turned hot as she looked around, nothing was out of place. It was exactly the way that she left it when she moved away.

Vicki set her bags on the bed and began unpacking them. The unpacking felt surreal, like it was a permanent thing, but Vicki knew deep down that was not the case.

"Hey, come on. Louie just called asking where I was." Jodie walked into the bedroom.

"Okay." Vicki nodded and walked out of the bedroom.

Vicki and Jodie stepped out of the 1983 Mercedes-Benz 300D turbo in front of Jerome and Louie's house. "Is that little Vicki?" Jerome asked with a smile on his face

"Hey Uncle Jerome." Vicki smiled as the man pulled her into a hug.

"How Hollywood life?" He questioned her as they walked up to the house.

"It's been cool, I missed it here though. People are more sweet." Vicki informed him as they walked inside.

"I bet. Louie! Look who's here!" Jerome announced to his girlfriend.

"I'm watching my stories right now." Louie ignored him.

"Hey aunt Louie." Vicki smiled as she walked into the living room where the lady was.