• 28

『 LOYALTY 』{ messages , irl }

『 LOYALTY 』
{ messages , irl }

chris : chrissss 🤭
maeve : mae 🫶

mae 🫶
hey !!!
how come u didn't come home last night? i was getting worried abt u
seen

mae 🫶
i won't be annoying if u don't want to talk to me
but do u wanna hang out later today?

chrissss 🤭
i cant

mae 🫶
ah okay
um ttyl?
seen

mae 🫶
alright then
that's cool
seen

"ugh!" mae groans loudly, tossing her phone onto nick's bed and plopping down onto the matress next to him, shoving her face into his pillow. on the other side of nick, matt is sitting in a ball. he's hunched over his phone, texting someone as if their conversation is a secret.

"what's up with you?" nick asks mae, patting her back.

"chris is acting really weird," she replies. but matt and nick can barely understand her because her voice is muffled by the pillow.

"why do you say that?" nick asks.

"he's just not answering my messages like he usually does." she explains, rolling over onto her back. "normally, he answers me right away- and i'm okay if he's busy and it takes him a minute or two to respond. but he left me in seen and he's been really dry."

matt stays silent.

nick chuckles, "maybe he's busy with caroline."

"who's caroline?" mae asks, sitting up and looking at nick curiously.

"did you see his post yesterday?"

"yeah, why?"

"the girl in the picture is caroline," nick tells her, "we were all really good friends in elementary and middle school. but then, when we started getting popular online, she began to get really clingy and wouldn't like it whenever chris hung out with a girl who wasn't her. even though they weren't even dating."

"what a psycho," mae comments.

"it gets worse." nick says with a chuckle. mae's eyes widen as nick continues. "it eventually got to the point where she wouldn't even want him to be around us. his literal fucking brothers. his family. and then, all three of us ghosted her. but guess what?"

"what?"

"she somehow stalked his location and she drove to the restaurant we were all at. mind you we were eating dinner with our fucking parents. and then she started screaming at us in the middle of the restaurant and yelling at us to be nice to her." nick is clearly still very annoyed at the whole situation. even years later. but can you blame him? caroline sounds like a nightmare. "then, she moved to texas a week later without a word to anyone."

"she sounds like an obsessive bitch," mae says.

"oh trust me she is," nick says through his teeth, "and now shes apparently back in town and chris is hanging out with her like nothing happened."

matt stays silent.

"do you think that's why he's acting weird to everyone?"

"he's only acting that way towards you for some reason." nick says.

matt stays silent.

"i texted him this morning and he seemed just fine. he told me that he stayed the night at caroline's house because he felt sick and didn't want to get in a car and her house was within walking distance." nick says.

"have you texted him recently, matt?" mae asks, glancing over to matt from across the bed. "is he acting normal to you?"

"mhm," matt says with a curt smile and quick nod. nick looks at matt suspiciously.

he definitely knows something.

˚. ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚
a/n:
how do we feel about caroline 🙂