two souls intertwined.

· ⁺·˚ ◟ RELEASE DATE :   11 august 2023· ⁺·˚ ◟ LABEL :  big hit·˚·◟ GENRE :   pop, k-pop, r&b

· ·˚ RELEASE DATE : 11 august 2023
· ·˚ LABEL :  big hit
·˚· GENRE :   pop, k-pop, r&b

two souls intertwined. is a collection of songs released by canadian-south korean singer, songwriter and dancer 𝗬𝗨𝗥𝗜 through bighit music.

it is a collection of 4 songs which were previously released for free on soundcloud/youtube but were not accessible on any streaming platforms. the album is completely self-written and 𝗬𝗨𝗥𝗜 is also credited as a producer in a few of the tracks.

the collection mainly consists of love songs, as the title suggests. it has a soft sound with a lot of acoustic elements and homemade, cozy vibes that allow yuri's vocals shine through. it was released as a gift for fans two months before her solo debut album.

track i.  rose
( original by miyeon )

❝ come on and take all my roses...
너로 물든, my rose ❞

˚· LANGUAGE : korean, english
·˚ DURATION : 3:20

this song was first put on soundcloud in 2018, though yuri has mentioned that she wrote it back when she was still in high school. she has said that it's about her first high school crush, though she hasn't mentioned anything else about the meaning of the song or the writing process of it. it seems as though the song is very important for her.

track ii.  te amo
( original by miyeon )

❝ 오직 날 위한 기적같이,
it's something special ❞

language : korean
duration : 4:15

this song was also originally released on soundcloud. it was released in 2020, in the peak of the pandemic. the lyrics talk about being with someone who makes everyday feel special and makes yuri feel loved and appreciated.

many fans assume it's about jungkook since the group was quarantining together and they were constantly together. fans also bring up the fact that yuri has said that jungkook is her biggest source of comfort which correlates with the message of the song perfectly. though yuri hasn't mentioned this song being about anyone specific.

track iii.  polaroid
( original by g-idle )

❝ can i take out the polaroid?
and then we smile brightly
슬퍼지더라도 울지는 않을게 ❞

language : korean, english
duration : 3:48

this was the only completely new song on the ep. this song was written during the pandemic, though after the lockdown had ended and life was only starting to get back to normal, even if it wasn't clear what normal was anymore. though the song isn't completely about the lockdown. according to yuri, the lyrics are a reflection of all of the past, including the ups and downs they've been through.

yuri has also said that it's not about a romantic relationship, but a platonic one. it's dedicated to the rest of the members who she considers her family. she talks about how there were times they were so busy they forgot to smile and that she hopes to keep them happy always. she also says that she drew inspiration from fans, looking at their photos and videos from concerts.

track iv.  love
( original by g-idle )

❝ i'm lucky, lost the love ❞

language : korean, english
duration : 3:17

the final song on the album was released on soundcloud in 2020. this song, in yuri's own words, is a love song to herself. less about romantic love and more about self love, the themes of these lyrics express learning to love yourself after being with someone not-so-good for you, self growth and finding your own worth.

it's a perfect way to end the ep, finalising all the ways yuri thinks of love— romantic, platonic, familial, and then of course, self love.

...

annie's thoughts 💭:
i love miyeon's album, it's so underrated