( 𝟑𝟗 ) 𝐥ove 𝐦e 𝐰ithout 𝐡urting 𝐦e

"Ko, hurry up! You're so slow!" I said, giggling as I ran toward a shaded spot in the park

"Ko, hurry up! You're so slow!" I said, giggling as I ran toward a shaded spot in the park. The large tree and greenery provided a decently sized shaded patch in the cleanly cut field of grass.

"I'd be faster if I wasn't carrying everything!" He huffed far-ways behind. He held the bag of food, the drinks, my purse, and the car keys. I turned to look at him with a raised brow and a smile. He caught up to me, walking side by side whilst the early spring winds blew carelessly through our hair.

"Hey, I'm carrying things too! See?" I held up the frilly picnic blanket I had brought along with us. It couldn't have weighed more than a pound but I acted as though it was exhausting to hold.

"Oh, my mistake, your highness," He chuckled lowly, placing down the paper bags of food at his feet for a minute while I spread out the thick, pink striped blanket. Carefully, I sat down and spread out my knee-length dress to my sides. I tucked my knees under my butt and patiently watched as Kenma sat beside me with our lunch.

The wind continued to blow, his hair thrashing against his head and into his eyes and mouth. He struggled to move it for a minute before I carefully pulled it back, tucking it into a rubber band at the back of his neck.

I smiled, watching the blush creep onto his cheeks. For someone who exuded such nonchalant, dominant energy, he really was easy to fluster when caught off guard.

"Thanks..." He opened up the sandwiches, the other goodies, and our drinks delicately before placing them between us both.

"Of course," I took a big bite of my sandwich, smiling at the red boy. It was quiet for a moment as we enjoyed our lunch. The wind was blowing harder than normal, considering Winter was just ending and the frosty air was moving elsewhere. But at least the floor wasn't damp from melted snow, which was perfect for outdoor activities... Although, it was still rather cold.

I shivered slightly as another rough wind blasted the two of us. Kenma perked up, reaching over and scooting beside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders as he also placed his thick jacket around me.

"You didn't bring a jacket," He commented knowingly.

"Yeah, I didn't," I said cheekily, "Oops."

"Nuh-uh, not oops. Dumb," He poked my nose.

"How can you talk to me like that?" I jokingly spoke with a smile, cuddling up closer to the boy and his jacket. I placed my head on his shoulder with a hum. Some things are meant to be remembered forever and this was one of them.

"Sorry, darling," He mumbled into my hair, kissing my head before reaching forward to take a bite of his sandwich again, "Won't happen again." He said between chews.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

I glanced over at Kenma's phone as it buzzed beside the two of us. Lighting up brightly each time it chimed. Kenma glanced down, tapping the screen before closing it with wide eyes. He didn't say anything but I took note of his expression. A little irritated, and even more shocked.

As much as I wanted to ask who it was, I didn't want to play the obsessive girlfriend so I batted my eyes away slowly, my mind racing. I was an over-thinker, and I was already beginning to lead myself to conclusions that wouldn't even be possible... right?

An hour later and he drove me home, the sky falling into dark blue and starlit, but the air was still just as cold.

"Night, pretty," He kissed my cheek, leaning in again and kissing my lips softly. His hand turned my chin upward to reach him better. I felt his blonde locks tickling my cheeks as he groaned into the kiss. Pulling away again before slowly smiling, "Is something wrong?" His face dropped slightly.

I didn't realize I was obvious about my frantic, internal status, "Ah, no. Sorry, I'm just really tired." I kissed him once more, just a quick peck on the lips before turning around and scurrying off my house. Quickly closing and locking it.

I opened the door again, cocking my head out and shouting out to the boy who still stood still in the moonlit darkness, "Goodnight Ko!! Text me later! Kisses, bye!"

Then I quickly shut it again.

Curse my damn mind. Running off and overthinking per usual.

 Running off and overthinking per usual