first game

"hey is auston coming?" steph asked, walking into my room.

"i dont know, we kinda had an argument last night so im not sure. ill text him."

she shut my bedroom door, "what?"

"he keeps trying to get me to move in with him & im not ready and he wont take no as an answer right now."

"oh, i can talk to him."

"no, please dont. he just needs to know that im not ready for them. i didn't even want to move in with mitch, so i dont know why he thinks ill move in with him a month after being here." i ranted.

"i understand, alright i just wanted to know, the girls are eating and-"

"maggie?"

i pulled my attention from steph to auston opening my door, a faint smile on his face.

"ill get them cleaned up and mitch has a present for you, for when you're ready!" she pointed at me before exiting my room.

"hey." auston said, shutting my bedroom door.

"hey."

i went back to fixing my hair as auston walked closer to me, "look, im sorry about last night. i need to be patient with you."

i nodded my head and looked at myself in the mirror, he stepped towards me, "may i?"

i didn't respond, "can you please be patient with me...please?" i jumped. "i didnt want to move in with mitch so im definitely not ready to move in with you."

"yes. i came here to apologize since youve been ignoring my text today."

"thank you."

he sat on my bed as i finished getting ready, "come here."

i walked to him, "can i hug you?"

i gave in after a few seconds and wrapped my arms around him.

he pulled me into his lap, "i love you."

i pecked his lips before standing back up.

his hands met my waist and he pulled me between his legs.

"you look beautiful."

"thank you."

i took his hands off my hips and walked away, i did my bathroom business before walking into my room to auston laying on my bed.

"maggie?" my mom called out.

"hi mom!" i said running to her.

i hugged her, "hows my girl?"

"good." i smiled

"look at you adley, you're getting to big!"

"they're starting to pull themselves up, we had to lower their cribs last night." i informed her.

auston walked into the kitchen.

"hey maggie," mitch said from behind me, i turned around and say the jerseys in his hands, "got you & the girls a little something. eh? some marner swag for the first game as a family."

"aw thank you."

i hugged him and he showed me the girls jerseys.

"stop! theyre so cute & tiny! im gonna keep these forever mitch!"

"i got ear muffs for the girls." steph said.

"you guys are too kind." i said, starting to cry.

"auston look at this." i said, showing him the jersey.