VII

[Name] woke up suddenly. She was laying in bed. Suddenly she remembered what had happened. Michael chasing her and then she collapsed.

Did it really happen? Was it a dream?

[Name] rubbed her head and sat up in bed. That's when she realised it wasn't her bed... or her house at all.

She started to panic again realising that Michael had probably taken her here.

She was still confused though. Why hadn't Michael just killed her. She had though that was what he wanted with her but maybe he had other intentions.

As her eyes adjusted to the gloomy room she realised that there was someone sitting in the corner.

She got a better look at him now, he was dressed in dark navy coveralls which were also covered in crimson stains. He masked his identity with a dirty white mask, like some cheap Halloween mask you would see in a party store.

Even though [Name] couldn't see Michael she knew it was actually him. After all these years she was surprised to finally see him. She certainly hadn't expected to... especially under these circumstances.

That's when [Name] noticed the chain attached to her ankle. It wasn't too tight but it was tight enough to stop her from getting out.

She looked up at Michael nervously.

"Michael... what do you want with me"

He didn't respond. He just stared at her for a long time before getting up and leaving the room.

[Name] was confused. Why wasn't he speaking. If he didn't want to kill her then why wouldn't he at least tell her what he wanted.

After a few minutes Michael returned with a plate of her favourite food. After all these years he had remembered.

He placed it in front of her and sat back down, probably waiting for her to start eating.

[Name] had to admit she was hungry, and the food looked so good, however she was a little nervous. What if for some reason he had poisoned the food or drugged it.

Michael, knowing what she was think about, got back up and walked over to her. He took a piece of the food and lifted his mask slightly, exposing his mouth.

[Name] stared at his sharp jawline. He had a few scars along the bottom of his face and stubble across his jaw. She knew it had been years since she had seen him but she was still a little surprised to see a full grown Michael rather than the innocent looking child she had always remembered.

After he had eaten part of the food and sat back down, [Name] decided it was safe to eat. She was grateful for the food and was surprised at how good of a cook Michael was... especially since he had been locked up and most likely wasn't able to cook things for himself.

[Name] wanted to speak to Michael. She was confused and wanted answers.

"Michael will you please speak to me"

He stared at her for a second before shaking his head.

"Why not?!"

He shrugged and then turned away from her to look out the window.

"Hey don't ignore me!"

He turned back to face her anfdstared. This wasn't like how he stared before... this felt threatening. [Name] wasn't about to give up though.

"Fucking talk to me!"

Then he lost it. Before [Name] could do anything Michael had pinned her up against the wall, his hand wrapped around her neck. He didn't squeeze too hard, not wanting to hurt her but he did want to scare her.

Then he moved his other hand and grabbed her wrists, preventing [Name] from struggling too much.

"Don't raise your voice at me"

His voice was deep and croaky. Clearly he hadn't spoken in a long time and found it difficult to. Even though his voice had changed, become deeper and harsher, [Name] could hear the little boy she had become friends with all those years ago.

Eventually he let go of her and returned to his seat in the corner. They stared at each other for some time until [Name] spoke up.

"Please... what do you want with me Michael. Why have you come for me after all these years."

He was silent for a while, and [Name] sighed, thinking he was just going to ignore her again.

"I told you..." his voice was quiet and harsh as he spoke

"I'm never letting you go [Name]"

She went silent, looking nervously at the floor. He clearly didn't want to kill her but that didn't mean he wasn't dangerous. She also had a life to go back to, she couldn't stay chained to a bed in some random house.

"Michael... you can't just keep me here... I have a job and a life to back to." She was trying to be careful with her words, not wanting to upset him.

However he didn't respond, clearly done with speaking now. [Name] was a little frustrated and could feel the anxiety building up inside her. The chain around her ankle didn't help either.

When she looked out the window she saw that it was dark. The moon lit up the sky and shone through the window.

[Name] could feel herself getting tired but she didn't want to fall asleep. She wasn't sure she would be able to anyway, no matter how tired she was, for fear that Michael would do something while she was sleep.

Eventually he seemed to get tied too, so he stood up and opened the door, turning back to face [Name] before be left the room.

"Don't try and leave... you're mine"

And then he shut the door, leaving her alone in the cold, dark room.