XI: SHUT UP

Max, Dani, Lilah and Binx entered Max and Dani's home. Max flicked the lights on, calling out for his parents. They weren't home. "Well, I guess they're still partying," Max said as he welcome Lilah into his home.

"They much be having a good time, then," Lilah said.

Everyone headed upstairs and Dani got herself into bed, giving Binx a bowl of milk. "You're my kitty now," she said, stroking him, "You'll have milk and tuna fish every day. And you'll only hunt mice for fun."

"You're going to turn me into one of those fat, useless, contented house cats," Binx said. He jumped up into bed, snuggling into Dani.

"You know, Binx, I'll always take care of you. My children will take care of you, too. And then their children after that, and then their after that. Forever, and ever, and ever."

Dani and Binx eventually fell asleep as Max and Lilah watched them. "Don't you think Allison's gonna be worried about you?" Max asked.

"Hm, I don't know. Probably just bored without me, she's definitely gonna be mad. Guess I'm gonna have to prepare myself to be lectured about leaving her along at that boring ass party."

"Well, I, for one, am glad you left her for me."

"I can't tell whether you're complimenting me or insulting Allison."

Max shrugged. They didn't say anything else. Lilah lay her head in the crook of Max's neck, and the two eventually drifted off themselves.

In the meantime, the witches were busy not dying. On their way to look for the three children who'd made an unfortunate attempt at getting rid of them, they found Jay and Ice. The details are boring, but let's just say the witches did everyone a favour for once.

Winnie was brainstorming how to make her potion, but couldn't remember the ingredients. She needed her book, which was still in the Dennison house.

Lilah woke up wrapped in Max's arms

Lilah woke up wrapped in Max's arms. She tried to move without waking him, but failed. Max turned around to check the time. "God, Li, it's 5am. Aren't your parents gonna be worried?" He asked.

"No, Allison will cover for me. I hope," she looked around the room, then at Binx. "God, I feel bad."

"I wish there was a way to help him."

"There probably is. The witches used the book to put the spell on him. Do you think there's a way to take it off?"

"Probably. But he told us not to open it."

"What's it gonna do? It's not like they're here to hurt us anymore."

"Fine. But be careful, please."

Lilah opened up the book. "See, nothing? They're gone, Max. You don't need to worry anymore."

A gleam shot up from the book, a gleam that Lilah and Max stupidly thought nothing of. "Only a circle of salt can protect thy victims from thy power," Lilah read. Binx suddenly shot up, leaping in the book to close it. "Hey. Chill, Binx. We were trying to help."

"We don't!" Binx said, "Nothing good can come of this book, got it?"

"Maybe I should go home now," Lilah said. Max agreed.

Max checked in his parents room, seeing they still weren't home. "You were right, they must be having a great time."

"At 5am? No way. Somethings not right. If I'm walking home, I need some salt."

"Fair enough."

The two headed to the kitchen, searching the cupboards until they found a jar of salt.

"What's it say?" Max said as Lilah looked at the jar.

She laughed. "Nothing, idiot. You put it on your fries, it's not gonna tell you what to do in the event of witches taking over. Although, now I might just need it to protect me from Jay."

"Well, you don't need salt when you have me."

"Mhm. That's why I've been the one saving your ass from him twice."

"Shut up."

"Excuse me?"

"I said..." Max leaned into Lilah. It took her a second to clock the situation, until she began to leaned in, too. They let their lips meet for a second, Max's hands trailing to the bottom of Lilah's waist as she places hers on the counter. They pulled apart. "Shut up."