vii. true feelings

chris knew what he was in for when he walked into nick's bedroom that night and saw matt and nick watching a movie. he knew what he was getting into, and what was slowly creeping up on him.

he sat down beside matt and used the remote on the bedside table to turn off the tv. matt was confused, but nick knew by the look in chris' eye exactly what he wanted to talk about.

"i like anya. i really like anya." chris said before running his hands over his face. "and not like a friend- like i love her." chris said, looking back at his brothers. matt was confused, and nick was knowingly nodding. "every time i'm near her i want to kiss her, and i don't know what to do."

matt now understood, and gently placed a hand on chris' shoulder. "it's gonna be okay man."

nick smiled and nodded. "nothing bad will happen between you two. do you want to tell her?"

chris just shrugged. "i'm not sure. i don't want things to fall apart between us, but i feel like i need her know. i mean- what if she feels the same way? then that's good.. but if she doesn't, it could ruin things."

"you really believe it would ruin things?" matt questioned.

"i'm not sure." chris said quietly.

"come on chris, you know nya. it's not going to ruin things between you two.. it's going to be fine! you guys are going to be completely fine. and besides, if she feels the same way it's going to strengthen things. you need to tell her. if not for her and your relationship, you need to do it for you. this will break your heart if you hold it inside for too long." nick said, making chris sigh.

"yeah you're right.." chris said with a nod before pulling his phone out of his back pocket.

"we'll be right here with you." matt said and smiled at chris.

prettiest girl 🫶
saturday 11:57pm

chris 💕💞💓💗💖💘💝
hi nya. can we talk?:)

prettiest girl 🫶
hiiiiii chris! what's up??

chris 💕💞💓💗💖💘💝
there's something rlly important
i need to tell u.

prettiest girl 🫶
i'm all ears squish.

prettiest girl 🫶
is everything okay..?

chris 💕💞💓💗💖💘💝
i rlly like u anya. not just as a
friend. i just rlly like u. ur the
most amazing girl i've ever
met in my life, and you make
me so happy every time i'm
around you.

chris 💕💞💓💗💖💘💝
and when telling you this, i'm
not trying to pressure you to
say it back, or have it ruin
things between us, i just can't
stand to keep it all bottled up
inside me, so i needed you to
know.
read 11:59pm

chris 💕💞💓💗💖💘💝
ny?

prettiest girl 🫶
oh