Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Rubbing my slightly throbbing temples, I opened my eyes and groaned softly. "Why does my pillow smells woody and citrus-y?" I mumbled, knowing that my bedsheets and pillowcases all smell like lavender because of my fabric conditioner. When I slowly moved my lower body, a sharp pain shot through my spine and my skin went cold as ice when realization sank in. I blinked my eyes rapidly and took in my surroundings, slightly shaking my head as tears began to well up. My chest tightened and my throat dried up.

Slowly getting up, I inhaled sharply and wiped my tears. Get yourself together, Arden. For now, I have to escape. I gingerly climbed down the massive bed and didn't bother to check who I slept with. I should, since he took my virginity, but I don't even want to see his face right now. I am so ashamed of myself for letting this happen. How can I be so careless? I don't know how I got here and I can't think right now because my mind is jumbled, so I'll panic later.

I was hoping that the soreness in my back is a result of me slipping or falling down the stairs, but the scattered clothes on the floor made my heart sink. With my knees trembling and my hands shaking, I slowly slipped my clothes on and grabbed my shoes before making my way out, slowly limping. I heaved a sigh of relief because I still had my phone in my jacket. Running to the elevator, I unlocked my phone and grimaced at Tyler's multiple messages; it was not an exaggeration.

Tyler: Arden, where are you?

Tyler: I went to the buffet table and you disappeared when I went back to our table.

Tyler: I saw my future daddy but I would rather wait for you than ask for his number.

Tyler: Oh, is my future daddy related to Mr. Il Volo? I saw him talking to your future sperm donor.

Tyler: I will be waiting by the fountain. You can spot me easily. No one is as gorgeous as me, except for Arden Coleman.

I burst into small giggles at that. Silly Tyler.

Tyler: One hour has passed, Arden. Let's play hide and seek when we get home, not now. 🥲 Show yourself now!

Tyler: Why are there mosquitoes here? I thought rich people don't have to worry about these blood-sucking insects?! 😰

Tyler: Arden, I have been waiting for you for two hours. Did you leave me? That's not possible. You adore me.

Tyler: Please text me or call me back. I'm getting worried and scared.

Tyler: Where are you, Arden? I will control my appetite so please show up now.

Tyler: Arden!!! Did someone kidnap you?

Tyler: I should've put that tracking chip in your molar! Don't make me tell you, 'I told you so'... because I did tell you!

Tyler: How can I trace you now?! The cops will not be of help until 24 hours have lapsed!

Tyler: What if after 24 hours, I'll find you in the gutter?! Lifeless?!

Tyler: Arden! This is enough for a prank!!! Let's go home now. You are a carrier, for God's sake!

Tyler: Please, bestie. Where are you? I am so close to bawling and you wouldn't want that. The mascara I used is not waterproof.