Story Note

HI READER! For starters I would like to say thank you for making it to this page and deciding you wanted to read my book! This book took me a long time to write and after each chapter I have formed a greater connection to the characters hoping and praying on the edge of my seat that everything will work out perfectly for them. I can only hope that you feel the same way as you are reading. I hope this novel is one that you can't put down, one that you feel like you could spend an entire day reading endlessly. Since this is being put out in summer I hope you read it by the pool, at the beach, or while outside enjoying nature, and that it becomes a safe, happy, place, a small escape from reality. Please keep the comments positive! Lets all come together as a community of people who love books and keep everything positive and uplifting. A small warning there are some topics in this book that may be for mature audiences or that may trigger some people. Warning ahead.

Some Topics Include :

- Parental Abuse/Abandonment

- Scars

- Sexual references/topics

- Cursing or language that may be inappropriate to some readers 

- Trauma and Insecurity 

-  Killing/death

As upsetting as all of these topics are, they help bring the story together and make some of the happier parts even more enjoyable. It is also vital to character and plot development and makes some scenes easier to understand for readers. Most of these topics are pretty common in books similar to this one and because majority of them are talked about for a short amount of time throughout the story with the exception of a few, some readers may not be affected at all and will continue to read on and hopefully enjoy the story and everything it has to offer. However, for the people that will get upset about these topics, feel uncomfortable reading about them, or would prefer not to read something with these topics for their own comfort and personal reasons I thought it would be appropriate to include a warning this way anyone who feels uncomfortable can turn away now before having to find the topics themselves as they read.                                     

To finish this story note I want to say a big thank you again. As a small scale, independent writer it would mean a lot for everyone to support, donate, whatever they can do to let me know that you are loving the novel, if you are. If you like it, please share it with your friends or family so we can get the fanbase a little bigger and so that everyone can know the story of Lorenzo Colombo and Athena Carter. Again, thank you for being here and I sincerely hope that this becomes one of your favorite, comforting books. 

                                                                               With love,

                                                                                        Julia ❣