30- Late

Why did this have to happen to Blair? All of it. She didn't do anything to deserve it. She didn't choose for it to happen. It just did. Sometimes things aren't fair. And that was true for her.

I flinched as a hand touched my shoulder.

"Jesus Christ, who's there?" I asked.

"Sorry, it's just me," McKay said taking his hand off my arm.

"Oh hey, what time is it?" I asked.

"3:25," he said. What the fuck.

"Why are you awake?," I asked.

"I can't sleep, I just keep thinking about what i'm going to say. Why are you awake?" McKay said. I looked up at him and pursed my lips.

"I haven't been getting a lot of sleep recently. What do you mean?" I asked.

"I just feel like I don't know," He said.

"Do you want me to tell you everything about Nate and I?" I asked.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded softly. I slid off the bed and down onto the floor next to him.

"It was really good at first, I mean I thought he was just the perfect guy for me. Even though everyone told me differently," I started saying. I stared at the dark wall in front of us.

"I mean there were some things that I thought were off but besides that I really liked him. I liked being with him," I said. McKay looked at me.

"When did things start getting bad?" McKay asked. I looked down.

"I mean we would fight a lot. Like this one time we were at a party and I couldn't find Rue but he wanted me to dance with him. He was pretty drunk. I kept saying no and he got mad. I found Rue and when I was walking downstairs I saw him dancing with some girl and I mean they were all over each other. I got mad and he got all upset and that was probably the first time I noticed something was fucked up. But the first time he actually hurt me was when we kissed and he, he choked me," I said. NcKay pursed his lips and shook his head.

"That was all my fault Blair I'm so sorry," he said. I shook my head.

"No, none of it was your fault," I said. He looked up at me.

"It just got worse from there, the abuse," I said.

"Are you testifying for the abuse too?" McKay asked. I nodded slowly.

"I have like a ton of pictures and proof," I said.

"Damn," he said.

"Nate's always been fucked up, but like this. This is a new crazy for him," McKay said shaking his head.

"It was crazy how quickly things escalated. I felt so, suffocated by him, physically and emotionally," I said laughing softly.

"When did you know you had to leave?" McKay asked. I looked up at him and pursed my lips. He knew exactly what I thought.

"Sorry," He said.

"It's okay. You should probably know, I mean do you want to, I don't have to tell you everything," I said.

"Only if you're comfortable," he said. I nodded.

"After Rue overdosed, and I saw you, you took me home. But I went to Nate's and everything was good. Then he started kissing me. And I mean I was fine with it, until he kept pulling my clothes off. I was like really hoping he just wanted to make out, but I guess with no clothes. I kept asking him to stop but he didn't. And I mean I just remember sobbing. And like begging him to stop. But he just kept telling me to shut up and all this stuff. So I audio recorded it.

"Wait you have an audio recording?" McKay asked facing me. I nodded.

"Dude, you're all set. He's fucking done," McKay said smiling. I smiled softly.

"I'm going to do everything I can to help you get him in jail," McKay said.

"Thank you, honestly," I said. I placed my hand on his neck and pulled him in for a hug. We both got up and I got back in bed.

"Goodnight, or morning," McKay said walking towards the bathroom.

"Wait," I said.

"He flipped around and looked at me.

"Can you stay, I have trouble sleeping right now," I asked. He smiled softly and laid down next to me. aI pulled the covers over me as we faced each other.

"I'm really sorry that all this happened to you, you deserve better," he whispered. I smiled. I set my hand on the pillow in front of my face.

"It is what it is I guess," I said. After some silence Slowly I started drifting off to sleep. I felt a warm hand on top of mine. I smiled softly and drifted to sleep.