𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐊 𝐀 𝐌 𝐑 𝐘 𝐍

The weekend went by rather quickly, and after a lousy day at Summit Valley High School I started on my walk to the kennel.

Oh how I dread the rest of this day.

I feel an arm wrap around my shoulders, the person walks beside me. "Well the time is upon us. How you feeling, Kammie?" I look over and see Will, who is holding an imaginary microphone up to my mouth.

"I'm about to spend unwanted time with my sister. How do you think I'm feeling?" I ask.

"Look on the bright side, at least now someone else can bathe the dogs." He smirks, since he knows that's my least favorite job.

"This is true." I smile. "I'll bet you ten bucks that she'll be late." I hold my left hand out.

He looks down and shakes it firmly. "Bet."

By now we've made it to the kennel. Will removes his arm from my shoulders and pats my back. I suddenly feel cold. He walks up to the door and opens it for me.

"Aw, such a gentleman." Andrea teases from inside.

"I try." Will smiles sweetly. Gosh dang it he is so cute.

"Okay, I left a list on the counter of all that has to be done. Will you're training Kayla, Kammie please make sure he does it correctly."

Will's jaw drops. "Hey! What's that supposed to mean?"

"It's nothing personal, Will. I'm just her favorite." I smile.

Andrea nods. "You two better be on your best behavior today. I'm sure we all know that this is going to be a... difficult transition for Kayla."

We nod. "Yes ma'am."

"Great! I gotta go, but I'll be back shortly." She smiles before kissing Will on the cheek and with that she leaves.

He turns to me. I giggle when I see a lipstick print on his cheek. He lifts a brow. "What are you laughing about?"

"You got a little something here." I point to the stained side of his face.

He wipes his face but it does nothing. "Did I get it?"

"Nope." I say, popping the p.

"Can you get it for me?" He asks with a smug look on his face. I sigh and reach up to wipe it off. The lipstick rubs into his skin giving it a red hue. Good enough.

"Get to work, Romeo." I murmur. "You're first customer is here." I look to the back door as Mr. Rourke walks in. I catch a glimpse of Kayla outside on the phone. Looks like I won the bet. She looks both ways before running into the Kennel.

"Here is Buford's medication, along with a schedule."

Will grabs the things from his hands. "Of course, Mr. Roarke. We will take great care of Buford, and the schedule." He smiles, mimicking him.