~14

"Let's get down to business," Jimin said.

We were still in the medical clinic, and on the table, there were two packs of red dominoes; two packs of blue dominoes; and three packs of purple dominoes.

"Um, so what's with the dominoes?"

"I'll use them as a guide. We decided to keep dominoes in the medical clinic in case patients get bored."

"Oh."

Jimin pointed to each of the dominoes, describing them in turn. "The blue ones are gonna represent the Odds, the red ones are the government, and the purple, of course, will be Big Hit."

I nodded.

"Okay, so where should I start..." Jimin said, leaning against the table top, thinking. "Wait, so what parts do you know?"

I leaned back against the chair, recalling my memories. "Hmm, well, you guys brought up Big Hit to recruit and employ Odds and help them survive against the tough judgment and criticism they face in the outside world."

He nodded.

"The government however," I continued, "didn't approve of your plans and looked for ways on how to 'demolish' your property."

"They didn't just look for ways," Jimin said darkly. His fingers twitched, and the two packs of red and blue dominoes fell, making the domino pieces scatter. Only, instead of falling, the dominoes lifted in midair. "They found ways."

Immediately, the red dominoes started attacking the blue ones. 

"In 2010, they attacked and killed all Odds. It didn't matter if they were kids, adults, pregnant women, teenagers...men and women alike...they were all hunted and killed by the government." Jimin's eyelashes fluttered as he looked away. "My parents died along with them..."

I leaned forward so violently, I almost shot forward. "Your parents?"

"Yeah. They were Odds too."

"Was this before or after you found out about our other soulmates?"

Jimin paused, then replied, "It was before. A year before."

"Oh," I said, leaning back.

"Anyway, so yeah, my parents died. The government didn't touch me, since I got my abilities. Plus, they knew I was a gonna be an Even* someday."

(*Evens are called the people who have special abilities and soulmates)

"And..." he continued. "I got sent to an orphanage when I was 15."

"Was it hard?" I asked him.

He nodded. "For a while, yes. And then I met Jeon Jungkook."

"You guys met at the orphanage?"

"Yes, him and his brother, Jeon Junghyun."

Ah, right. Jungkook mentioned he had a brother.

"Jungkook and I..." He started. This time, two pieces of dominoes gently rolled out from the pack. "We clicked."

I raised an eyebrow. "You clicked?"

"Yeah, everyone clicks with someone, every now and then..." he said, suddenly shy.

I stifled a giggle. "So, like, you had a gut feeling that he was gonna be your soulmate?"

"Well, I'm most definitely not gay, but--"

"Pansexual*, yep," I finished.

(*Pansexuality is the main and common sexuality in this universe, meaning everyone is naturally attracted to their soulmates, regardless of their gender.)