𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦〔 𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘨𝘦 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

I walk around the chateau to the back yard, my white converse clad feed hitting the grass and I shove my hands into the pockets of my denim shorts, hoping that no one will question the love bites on my neck that are visible even under the tie of my lilac halter neck top.

The first thing I notice is Sarah and Kiara sat in the Twinkie together and I smile, approaching them.

"What's up, bitches?" I grin widely.

"Ads, you're here" Kiara says happily.

"Hi" Sarah smiles sweetly.

"Hey, princess" I chirp before looking down at the piece of paper in Kiara's hand "Whatcha got there?"

"John B said it looked something like this" Kiara tells Sarah and I, showing us the paper as I lean on the open van door.

My eyes skim over the diagram drawn on it and I smile a little at how messy it looks, almost as if it was drawn by a child.

"That's 50 feet down, and they're using 100 feet rope. So I guess this little wagon will go straight to the gold room" Kiara shows us and we all burst out laughing, not being able to contain it.

"Who drew this?" Sarah laughs.

"Who do you think?" I giggle and we all turn around to look at Pope who smiles at us sweetly from where he stands next to John B.

"Kie, this better work" I hear JJ speak and I turn to see the boy approach the van.

He drops the bars of gold on the carpeted floor and leans against the opposite side of the door to me.

"We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it" He adds.

"It's gonna work" Kiara assures him, lifting up a blowtorch.

The girl sets up a pot outside before she slips on a pair of goggles and heat proof gloves. I grab the bars of gold and drop them in the pot for her. Kiara turns on the blowtorch and begins heating up the gold. I watch as the gold starts to melt and I grin widely, turning my head to Pope who shares my excitement.

Once Kiara is done melting the gold down, we hop in the van and John B drives us to the pawn shop.

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein" JJ says sarcastically, hopping out the van as we reach the pawn shop.

"Like you could've done any better" Kiara scoffs.

"I could have. I took a welding class" JJ retorts.

"That you were kicked out of" I add and he kicks his foot out in front of me, tripping me up.

I catch myself before I face plant onto the cement and spin around in anger, reaching out to grab my brother. John B grabs my arms and pulls me away from JJ with a huff.

"Whoa, whoa. Hey. Shh! Chill out, okay?" The Routledge boy warns us.

"That's easy for you to say. You're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off" JJ grumbles, holding up the chunk of gold "How did I get this job anyways?"