❆Second Chance (25)

~L I L Y~

". . .I LOVE YOU."

I gape at Jackson, my eyes tearing up. Oh God, finally! I have been waiting to hear to him say those words and finally, I get to. Two weeks. Two weeks I've been waiting to hear him say it.

He had been visiting everyday seeing as the bookstore is closed for the holidays and he had been looking after me. Yet, I was waiting to hear him say the three words that has eight letters in them.

And I finally did.

I can't stop the tears as they stream down my flushing cheeks. My heart feels like it had been blessed with kisses and hugs from Jackson, and it has, with only three words.

Three words that means so much to me.

I look up at Jack and then my gaze falls to Zach's and Austin's. They are weird just standing there and staring. A muffled giggle erupts from the back of my throat as I try to stop my ugly sobbing. The scratches on my face from the accident making me look like an ugly pig. I don't understand how Jack thinks otherwise.

It's not that I'm self-conscious now all of a sudden, after the accident. I just don't feel confident anymore and everytime I want to put just a little mascara on my face, Jack stops me and tells me how beautiful I am. He is just too precious.

"Y-you love? Me?" I force out between my ugly happy sobs and cover my mouth to stop myself from letting out any disgusting sounds. "Do you really love me?"

He licks at his bottom lips which grabs my attention and it's like he notices because he chuckles, "of course I do. I think it was love at first sight junior year when you greeted me."

I try to recall the day I greeted him and I gasp, chuckling a little. "Oh my God, I remember. And you had those chubby cheeks and it was so cute!"

Zach and Austin laughs, and Jack rolls his eyes, a faint smile playing on his gorgeous lips that I so want to kiss right now. "I was chubby and cute, wasn't I?"

I nod before clearing my throat. "Jackson, since the day I met you, when you introduced yourself and asked me, I had a tiny little thing for you. It was minor and it states minor forever, or I thought it would until the day we started hanging out and then, it turned into a huge crush until I eventually fell for you. Remember when I did I fall pretty quickly, yeah, that happened here. I'm in love with you, Jack. I love you. Why does this feel like I'm vowing on our wedding day?" I laugh, "I'm not good at explaining shit so. . ."

I gasp, covering my mouth and Austin bursts out laughing. I can't beleive I just swore. Zach looks surprised for a minute before he starts chuckling. Jack just grabs my face in his hands and kisses me.

Hard, soft, slowly, fast, hungrily, passionately.

I still hear the two guys laughing and I block them out as I wrap my arms around Jack's neck. His teeth pulls at my bottom lip and I let out a little giggle before it's strained as his lips move in since with mine.

My hand automatically gets tangled into Jack's hair, tugging in need. A throat clears from somewhere in the room but neither Jackson nor I look up or break the kiss.

I hear heavy footsteps fade away and I think Austin and Zach just left. Good.

Jackson removes his lips from mine and trails kisses down my jaw, to my neck and stops at my shoulder. My mind goes blank as Jack licks at my neck and sucks. I know he is placing a hickey there and I know he is trying to claim me as his.