Pope | Remedy

"Hey uh, Pope?" We we're on John B's Porch as the moonlight reflected off the windows, leaving us in direct sunlight on the old couch.

"Yeah?" He nervously laughed as he leaned his back against the back of the couch.

"Are you serious about what you said at The Wreck today?" He furrowed his eyebrows and gave me a vague confused look. "About what you said to... Kie?" He very briefly flashed a mix of a concerned and "Oh god" face at the same time, quickly changing it to another nervous laugh and sweet smile.

"Uh, depends on what you heard, missy." He flashed another smile as he lightly laughed, he messed with his collar, you could tell he was nervous.

"I'm pretty sure you know what I heard, Heyward." I playfully smiled back at him as I messed with the rings on my fingers.

"Well, Y/n. Depending on what you actually heard, although I'm assuming you heard the part where I was talking about how drop dead gorgeous you are, then you'd be correct that I meant it. Every. Single. Word." I flirtatiously laughed with a pretend shocked look.

"Wow, the Pope Heyward has made a very sweet remark about me. How lucky am I?" I continued to mess with my rings as my nervousness took over my body.

"Not as lucky as you'd be with an engagement ring on that finger." I laughed as he did too, JJ walking out on the porch.

"Nice one, Pope. Did I interrupt something? A happy couple getting engaged?" He took a sip out of the can in his hands.

"I'm not the one getting drunk at 2pm on a Tuesday." Pope sarcastically spat back, making me die laughing.

"Hey, I'm not the awkward one who can't admit their feelings!" He yelled back at him as Pope headed down the stairs, as I followed after and Pope stopped in his tracks facing us, I stood next to JJ patting his arm.

"I think you got the two of us confused, Maybank." I slightly laughed as I side smiled and headed out the door, down the stairs. Pope walked after me as I walked around to the shed.

"You mean that?" He questioned, walking beside me as I went to wax my surfboard.

"Did you mean what you said at the wreck today?"

"I mean, yeah... Of course."

"Then, there's your answer Heyward." I put my surfboard across a table in the shed, grabbing the wax, and slowly making my way all across the board, waxing it so I could go surf later.

"You wanna surf the surge like JB did last year?" Pope asked as he looked over my shoulder, peering over my board and I.

"I thought you'd think it was too risky."

"Well maybe I'm up for a few risky situations if it's with you." I grinned as he grabbed his, "You coming or are you too scared?"

"You're the one scared, Heyward."

"Am not!"

After we surfed the surge we practically fell onto out beach towels as we looked up at the stars, "I'm glad you made me come out here." I smiled as his head turned towards me after my remark.

"Me too, I'm glad I could convince you. You know, I actually wanted to tell you something, Y/n. If you're y'know... Willing to listen." I smiled at him as we laid on our sides, under the stars, staring into each other's eyes.

"Mhm, I'm listening." I shifted onto my back, closing my eyes, as I listened out for the words that were about to fall out of his mouth.

"I don't know how to say this, so I'm just gonna spit it out." I smiled as I motioned him to continue on, "I've always been in love with you, since you first caught my eye. I'm not just saying this, I'm being absolutely and utterly serious. I've always wanted our friendship to be more, I just didn't know how the Pogue Princess felt about all of it."

"Did you just refer to me as royalty?" I laughed, questioning him.

"I mean did you not want me too, I'm sor-"

"No, it's adorable." I laughed as I turned onto my side, looking into his eyes, as he smiled as well himself. "Shut up." I said, leaning in under the stars as he did too. Our lips meeting one another's, as we shortly both pulled away. "I've always loved you too."