05

CECILIA ADAMS

great. i have detention with samuel on wednesday after school for 30 minutes and again on monday for another 30 minutes and on top of that i have to meet the coach in 30 minutes.

i'm going to be his assistant and helper and all i want to say is, i am not excited. i'm still going to prom with josh, we discussed it during lunch and people still think i'm pregnant.

right now i'm in my house searching for an extra pair of clothes to wear for today. i'm quickly searching before my dad comes home.

i get a tote bag and shove a black adidas t shirt and matching adidas shorts, i also put leggings and a red crew neck for after my shower. my locker has a towel, shampoo and conditioner and all that stuff that's been there for the whole year. i go downstairs and just as i try to leave my dad comes in the house.

"where the fuck are you going you little whore?!" he slurs angrily.

shit.

"school." i reply. "it's this thing that i have to do."

he approaches me and i can smell the strong stench of sweat and liquor and can vividly see white powder in his nose area. "you think i'm stupid?!" he yells.

yes.

i shake my head scared. "no dad i-"

before i can explain myself he slaps me across the face. "YOU THINK IM GOING TO BELIEVE A DIRTY UNGRATEFUL LITTLE SLUT LIKE YOU?!"

my eyes tear up and i shake my head. "dad it's for school."

he scoffs and pushes me to the ground. when i'm on the ground he starts kicking me in my abdomen several times while i wince in pain.

"oww- dad- please." i plead while grabbing my stomach.

he laughs and spits at me. "get up."

i get up trying to wipe my tears. he looks at me and starts crying. "i'm sorry sweetheart."

this only makes me cry more. "i got to go."

he does this often.

i run out of my house in tears but quickly wipe them and put a smile as i limp back to school wrapping my arm around my stomach which is covered in past bruises and new ones to come, but don't worry i'm obviously wearing a shirt. i'm just covering my stomach out of pain because as you just saw, i just got beaten up.

i should seriously invest in a bike or something.

***

"hey coach." i say covering the extreme pain i'm feeling with a smile.

"hello cecilia." he greets returning the smile. "how've your been?"

"you can call me cece, and i've been good." i say. "where is everyone?"

"getting dressed. they'll be here in a minute." he tells me. "so, cece- wait."

he pauses and examines my face. "is that a hand mark on your cheek?"

FUCK FUCK FUCK! NO NO THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING.

i quickly cover my face. "i probably touched my face and my makeup rubbed off." i say nervously. "can you excuse me?"

he looks unsure and he looks like he doesn't believe me. "are you okay cece?"

i nod still covering my face. "please can i be excused for a minute."

he nods and i run to the girls locker room which is empty thankfully. i quickly cover it up with foundation and powder and get back to coach. as soon as i get back he gives me a comforting smile. all the boys are here waiting on the ground.

"guys, this is cecilia." coach introduces me and i smile and wave even though they all know me they smile back, some say hey, some wink, some whistle. so horny and for what?

"she will be joining us and helping us on the road to the big game!"

everyone cheers and while he explains what they're doing today me and sam unintentionally make eye-contact. i quickly look away and pay my attention back to coach.

"cece please spread these cones out evenly across the field." he tells me handing me the cones and i do so.

***

it's been 2 hours and i feel disgusting. i'm so dirty and sweaty right now it's unbelievable. i need to have a shower.