Chapter 2: Yui of Mount. Kuroba

His pulse, I can't feel it.

Touma...he's dead.

"No...no...Touma."

I can't go on...not without Touma.

I stared at my brother's body that I held in my arms. Tears were falling down my cheeks like waterfalls. I couldn't believe it. I wouldn't believe it.
I kissed his cold forehead and laid his body back on the ground. I promise, Touma. I'll find the demon who took your life. And when I do...

I'm going to kill them.

—————

With a basket filled with necessities and my dagger in hand, I set off to Touma's grave to pray before I leave. Since father hasn't returned home the past 3 days, I believe that he won't be planning on coming back tomorrow. So I assume he wouldn't mind if I left the village for a while.
Touma's grave was close to our home, but I buried him in the forest where we had always played together. I stood in the forest, staring down at his snow-covered grave. Tears began to well up in my eyes but I quickly wiped them away. I've done enough crying, I have to seek revenge on the one who murdered my brother. I sighed as I slowly began to walk towards the sunrise.

 I sighed as I slowly began to walk towards the sunrise

~nightfall~

As I pushed on through the elevated forest, I saw what looked like a small home lit by a single candle. Someone must be inside since a candle has been lit. Sure enough, as I walk closer to the home, I can see a silhouette through the window.
As I come even closer, I realize that there is another person inside, but they aren't moving. The first shadow turns their head to reveal a mouth of sharp teeth dripping with blood. A demon! I pull out my dagger and slowly creep towards the door. The demon stopped and everything around us seemed to have stopped as well. All of a sudden, the demon crashes through the window and begins to charge at me. My grip tightens on the dagger as the demon's fangs barely miss my face. "Well, well, what do we got here?" the demon snarls "a second course? Mmm, I can't wait to sink my teeth into your luscious body!"
I step back as I look into the demon's eyes, their sclera's were bright red, they looked as if someone had poured blood into them.

"I...there was...a person with bloodshot eyes... but they...didn't look human."
Was this the one? Was this the monster that had killed my brother?
I felt rage build up in my soul, "Let me ask you something, did you happen to eat a young man named Touma?" I demanded. The demon looked confused, "Hmm, Touma? Doesn't ring a bell! But I bet he must've tasted delicious! And so will you!" The demon lunged at me. I was able to cut him in his chest, but it wasn't enough to stop him. He sent me flying backwards with a powerful kick to my stomach, and I crashed into a nearby tree. My dagger was knocked out of my hand, and the demon was right above me. His disgustingly long tongue was dripping with saliva. I was trapped, and there was no way out of this one. "Hahaha! Looks like I win, kid! And now my reward will be your corpse!"

A drop of the demon's saliva slipped off of his tongue and managed to land in my left eye. I felt a burning sensation that caused me to scream in pain. The demon cackled "Oh, that's right. I forgot to tell you, that my saliva is actually acid. If it touches anywhere on your body, it'll instantly burn and hurt like hell. No matter, I'm still going to eat you anyways!" He licked his lips and opened his terrifying mouth full of bloody fangs.
So this is it. I'm really going to die. I mean, it doesn't really matter, everyone dies someday. At least I'll be able to see Touma again.

Just as the demon was about to bite into my head, I heard a loud *shing* noise. I opened my eyes to see the demon's head chopped straight off. Disgusted, I pushed the dead body off to the side. I could barely see out of my left eye due to the acid. But standing in front of me was a woman with a long, silver sword. Her long periwinkle hair cascaded down her back, and she wore a beautiful navy blue kimono patterned with moons. "Oh my, that was a close one!" She said "good thing I came in the nick of time, or else you would've been dead!" Her dark-skinned hand reached out to me. "Are you alright? That demon landed some pretty hard hits on you." I grabbed her hand and she lifted me up off the ground. "I think I'm alright, but thank you very much for saving my life." I responded with a bow. She gave me a warm smile and handed me my dagger. "Here, I believe that this is yours. It's quite a nice dagger if I do say so myself, wherever did you find it?" This woman is so kind, who is she?

"Oh, an old woman from my village gave it to me a few days ago. She said I would need it to protect myself from demons." The woman laughed "Well, that didn't work out so well did it now?" She began to walk into the forest. "Wait! Who are you?" I called out. She looked back at me and smiled again "Why, my name is Yui. I am a former member of the Demon Slayer Corps, I was known as the Crystal Slayer." I ran up to her. "Crystal Slayer? What do you mean by that?" Yui chuckled "I use the ancient technique of Crystal Breathing to slay demons, of course."

She's a demon slayer?! Maybe she can help me! "Excuse me, Ms Yui. But is it possible to learn this technique? I would like to learn how to slay demons." Yui looked down at me and smiled once more "Of course it is possible, my dear. But first you will need to find a teacher!" She looked into my injured eye and gasped, "Oh dear! I didn't even notice what had happened to your left eye! It looks terrible, please come with me. You're going to need some medicine to help with that, or else you might end up loosing your eye." Yui then took my hand and led me through the dark, snowy forest.

—————

We had arrived to what seemed to be Yui's home, she brought me inside and sat me down next to a crackling fire. She then walked into a side room and gave me a change of clothes. Once I had put on my haori over my clean garments, Yui handed me a vial of a blue liquid. "Here, drink this. It's made from wisteria, which helps to ward off demons. It will reduce the pain in your eye." I sipped the liquid, and felt a weird tingling sensation in my eye. Most of the burning had disappeared, but my sclera and iris of my left eye had changed colors due to the acid. My iris had almost become black, and my sclera became dark red. I looked terrifying, it was almost as if I was half-demon. I covered my eye with my hair so that I wouldn't have to continue looking at it.
Yui clapped her hands together "Well, now that your eye has been cared for, you should eat and then get some rest. Your training will start tomorrow." I nodded as I sat back down.

So I guess I'm going to become a demon slayer...

Hey you made it to the end! Thank you for tuning in to the second chapter, I know that is one is a little bit shorter than the first but I was sort of running out of ideas! Also I couldn't seem to think of what to name the mountain where Yui lives, so Fun Fact: Kuroba is the Japanese term for clover ☘️ Anyways, I am in the process of making some art of Yui and my OC in which I based Y/N on. So I'm looking forward to showing you all when I finish! See you all next chapter! ❤️

-Emily*

Word count: 1400 words