Nightmare

"......" = talking
'Abc....' = telepathic
/......./ = flashback

Ariana's pov

When I open my eyes, I see a familiar white ceiling. Where is this? Ah! This is my room. I think I dream something like being a princess and see my favourite characters. What a silly dream. I ring the bell beside me and a nurse come in. I then watch my face and eat my breakfast and watch my laptop. A similar daily life, similar room, similar nurse but I feel unfamilar at the same time. What's wrong with me today?

"Are you watching your laptop, again?"

At the familar voice, I turn my head to look at the familar woman.

"Why won't you try walking together with me a little bit?"

I feel like I haven't seen her in a long time. My heart aches and tears starts to fall down from my eyes.

"Why are you crying, my baby?"

I see. I'm dreaming right now. If not there is no way I'll be seeing her right now. The woman comes closer and pats my back. I hug her back and bury my face into her shoulder.

"You're acting like a child today."

"I've miss you, mom!"

"I know. It is ok, sweetie"

And my first dream end like that. Another dream starts.

This time when I open my eyes, I see a little girl that is about 10 years old. 'I know her. That is me when I was young.'

The girl is avoiding people and trying to go outside the hospital.

'I know where she is going.'

The girl successfully sneaks out of the hospital and runs toward the park beside the hospital. There, she meets another child girl who is around her age.

'That is my first and only friend. I remember at that time I sneak out of the hospital to meet her.'

And the two little girls start playing near the lake. And one of the little girl skips and falls into the lake.

"Help! Someone!" The girl on the ground starts shouting.

A man who seem to be one of girl's father runs toward the lake and save the drowning girl. And a woman who seem to be the mother, hug her trembling and said repeatly 'It's ok.'

"What's happen?" The people start to circle around the scene and asked. The little girl who is afraid to be scold by her parents shouts in a trembling voice.

"She pushes me to the water." She point her finger at the girl who she is playing with a little while ago.

"Where are your parents?" the father angrily shouts at the child.

" .....I.....didn't have....any."

"What? Why do you push my daughter?"

"I didn't do that."

"And you are lying right now? That is orphans are.....ugaa..."

The parents cover their child and the people around us said to whisper.

"What's happen?"
"That girl...........water"
"Oh my!"
"She has no parent so she didn't have disciple."

Their anger are directed toward the little girl at the center. The little girl starts crying and apologizing even though it's not her false.

"Sob..I am sorry...sob....i am sorry...sob"

But no one pity her nor try to help her just because she has no parents. I just blankly stare at the familar scene unfolding me without saying anything. The surrounding world become dark and there is only me and a crying girl in that world.

I know what happen after that. I was sent back to the hospital. But I didn't hate nor loath the girl who blamed me for everything because I thought she was my friend.

I sneaked out of the hospital and went to our meeting place. But she wasn't there anymore. A week....a month...three month....one year....I stopped visiting that place after that.

.....................

Athanasia's pov

Cough...you evil psychopath. How could he has such a look on his face when a 4 year old is falling into the lake? As I thought plan B is better than plan C. There is no way I can win the favor of someone like him. Sob....I want chocolate.

I sit up and look at my twin sister beside me. She is still sleeping. Ever since falling into the water, she didn't open her eyes. When lily worriedly shoot her, she only let out a small voice. Claude you dirtbag! Ba#**! How could you tortured such a small child?

I go down from my bed and went to the kitchen to get some chocolate. When I was taking the chocolate, a hand suddenly graps me from behind.

"Kyaa....."

"I'm sorry for scaring you, princess"

Oh! Fortunatly or not, it is lily. I thought it is the famous kitchen ghost.

"Princess, your presence is requested"

Lily carries me hurriedly. She didn't even notice that there is a chocolate in my hand. I quickly hide my chocolate.

" It's a honor to serve princess athanasia."

"I, felix robane will be your temporary guard starting today, my princess."

What is with this last minute compensation? What about when I fell into the water?

"We're grateful but how could we have sir robane as a guard?"

Before the knight can answer, the shouting voice of a maid rings out the hall.

" Head maid lilian, the second princess is......."

At the maid's words, lily and I (being carried by the knight) ran toward our bedroom.

"Waa.....i'm sorry....waah...."

There I saw, ari crying?? I even doubt my eyes for a moment but lily quickly picks ari up and pats her back.

"What's wrong, princess?"

"I'm sorry....sob..sorry....sob..."

But ari was syill crying repeatly saying sorry. This is the first time, I saw her crying. When ari sees me, she suddenly jumps from lily's hand and comes to me who is being carried by the red hair knight.

" don't go...sob...don't leave me...sob.."

Like that, ari falls asleep again and the three people in the room was dimbfound.

.............

Ariana's pov

"Athy wanna see hanna and ces."

Athy said while pouting when I'm leaning on her. I wake up this morning and it seem like I've been asleep for a whole week. I think I dreamed about something importance but I can't remember no matter how much I thought. As soon as I wake up, I heard some nonsense about me crying. Me? Crying? I don't have any memory like that.

Many things happened when I was sleeping. Things like switching maids or the sir knight standing behind us.

"You will have to see them again"

"When?"

"Umm..in 10 days"

'They are lying.'

Athy said to me but I'm too tired to answer her back. I'm still sleepy.

'These new maids are indifferent to our charms. They don't even flinch at our cuteness attack.waa ...our effort.....sob..'

"Why don't you have a chat with his majesty?"

"......."

"His majesty happened to mention that he wants to have a feasting with princesses."

"........."

I can see athy and lily fading away. Sir knight really didn't know the right time to talk.

'Well, isn't it better for me to die and be reborn again.'