Ready to meet God.

The doorbell rings as I'm sitting on the couch at my parent's house

My father's in a meeting in his office. He's been there since before I came during lunch. Malena is taking a nap so I get up to open the door before the doorbell rings again.

I huff standing back up from the couch, "Coming," I call to them.

I look through the glass pane window on the door and see Malik.

There's no way he knows what I did or I'd be in jail already right?

I panic and adjust myself in the hallway mirror before opening the door for his tall handsome self.

"Hey, Malik," I answer the door acting normal, trying to sound as sexy as possible.

"Hi, Mariah, can I come in?" He asks with a smirk.

Oh, that smile of his.

"Yeah, of course," I say stepping out of the way for him. "My father's in his office."

"How are you?"

Me? How am I? I'm fine now that you're here.

"I'm... good..." I hesitate. "Can we talk really quick?" I ask him.

"Yeah, sure. You wanna sit down?" He suggests.

"Yeah," He follows me to the living room. I turn off the reality tv shows I was watching. Malik always hated that I watched that sh*t.

We sit on the couch and I stare at him. His beautiful gray eyes, the full beard he's growing now. Those pictures on the blogs did him no justice. "So how are things with you?" I ask pretending like I don't know about his lil girlfriend.

"Things are good. Business is great, as I'm sure you already know from your father."

"Rocky tells me you hired a new girl." I try to sound like I don't care.

"Yeah, but that didn't work out, so she's gone now." He discloses.

"For real?" I say sounding happier than I should. Rocky sure didn't tell me that. Maybe she doesn't even know.

"Yeah." He pauses. "I wanna move back here permanently. Pick up where I left off. Things were good before, ya know." He says smirking at me.

Oh God do I know. I missed him so much. My plan seemed to work out perfectly. "I know what you mean. I really wanna start over Malik, a second chance."

"Do you mean that, Mariah?" He says leaning close to me.

"Yes Malik, I would do anything to have us back."

"How do I know that? How do I know you won't just lie to me like before?" He asks me sounding unsure.

"Because Malik, you the one I always wanted."

"You don't mean that, I don't mean that much to you." He laughs.

"I scared that girl off didn't I?" I say before I could stop myself.

"And how did you do that?" He raises a brow at me leaning in close enough to kiss.

Our lips sit inches apart, never fully connecting.

"I pushed that b*tch down the stairs," I tell him boldly.

"Mariah, but why?" He immediately backs away and I realize what I just said out loud.

"Because I love you, Malik!" I scream. "How you just gon come home flaunting her like I didn't mean nothing. You takin' her shopping, she all up at your job, embarrassing me." I let it all out, "You even let this b*tch put her clothes and sh*t into our daughter's old nursery. How could you?"

Malik shakes his head, "I paid you more than enough money to take care of Malena, and would've helped more even though she wasn't mine." He stands up and walks past me.

"She could've been. You had to let your family get in your head about DNA! Then you up and get Sharice pregnant? You never even fucked me without a condom until I slipped you a pill!" I shouted and instantly slapped my hand over my mouth.

He stops and turns around, his light gray eyes look a bit darker as he stares at me.

"WHAT?"

"Malik wait," I scream, quickly trying to calm him down as he charges me. He lifts me up by my throat.

"You knew she was pregnant and you pushed her down the stairs?" He screams into my face.

"That's enough." I hear my father's voice from behind him.

Malik doesn't let go. My feet aren't even close to touching the floor. I can see black spots clouding my vision. I guess it's time for me to meet God.

"Malik, please," I beg, scratching at his hand around my neck.

Before I lose consciousness, he finally drops me on the floor. He doesn't offer me a second look before he walks away.

Through blurred vision I see my father standing there with another man.

"Daddy." I cry out. "Mama said everything would be okay. She told me to do it."

At least I won't go down alone.