Lie

Park Jimin slipped into your life.

You wouldn't say it was effortless; still wary and awkward around having friends. However, it was inevitable as you saw him everyday at Cafe Magnate for the rest of the month. Jimin became constant in your life that whenever you would spot a tuff of styled chestnut hair from afar, you already knew it was him.

"Jimin!"

Just as you got off the bus, you spotted him walking a few steps away from the stop. He had one earphone stuck to his left ear but at the sound of your voice, he halted on his feet as he turned around to find you. His eyes beamed at the sight of you running to catch up to him while his lips curled into a fond smile.

"Good morning, [Y/N]." he greeted sweetly, tapping on the screen of his phone to pause the video he was just watching.

"Good morning!" you enthusiastically replied, "Ooh, what are you watching?"

Somehow, your newfound friendship with Jimin rekindled your once shameless effervescence. The smile on your face became genuine again and even if it seemed silly to most people— even to you, sometimes— you woke up looking forward to your day because Jimin was a part of it.

"Oh, it's this a capella group." he said, showing you the video while you started walking, "Wanna hear them?"

Nodding your head, Jimin gave you the right earbud before playing the video.

Under an early sunny morning, you walked over Busan's pavements while sharing earphones with Park Jimin. There was nothing extraordinary about it; bleak and common. But to you, it was filling but rattling at the same time. You still remained reserved in talking about your worries as both of you started to share pieces of yourselves to one another.

"I think I've heard of them before." you said, "They sang Carol of the Bells."

Jimin unconsciously looked at you tenderly and it was a surprise to him that he never grew tired of smiling around you. Unbeknownst to you, your presence and budding friendship with Jimin was just as fulfilling and comforting to him as much as it was to you.

"Yup! I like them. They inspire me."

Your ears perked up at his words, eyes glistening in glee and excitement.

"You sing too?" your smile growing, "Wow. A dance major and a singer..." you drifted off in sheer admiration.

You learned from Mrs. Park and the other employees that Jimin graduated as a top student from the modern dance department in his high school. Upon knowing this, it became no wonder as to why a lot of customers seemed to completely fawn over him. Other than he was gorgeous and kind-hearted, you thought, it seemed like there were more.

Giggling uncontrollably, Jimin shook his head in attempt to hide how flustered he was.

"Hey, hey, it's just a hobby. You might expect... but I'm not that good." he sheepishly uttered, scratching the back of his head.

"Hmm. I'll be the judge of that once I actually hear you sing." you playfully teased, throwing him a mischievous smile. It was good getting back at him sometimes.

Jimin threw his head back while laughing, a habit you noticed he had.

"How about you? Do you sing?" he asked as the song 'Rather Be' covered by the a cappella group, Pentatonix, continued to play through the earphones you were sharing.

The cafe came into your vision, stopping just outside the door as you comically cleared your throat. Jimin anticipated your singing; even though he had an inkling of what you were about to do.