Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

3| Gift

Indie

I walked out of my last class of the day, heading to my apartment, ignoring Reece. I hated that he was in most of my classes, but he was and I'd learned to deal with it now. We were old enough to act mature, even if we weren't. Nineteen-year-olds didn't bicker like we do. They, shouldn't anyway. 

I knew that Chloe had a huge art project that she was working on and she wouldn't be coming back to the apartment. She told me that she'd be at Candy's starting her project. It was a big project apparently with multiple art pieces and she had until the end of the year to work on it. 

I started walking to the apartment. I had a little bit of work to do from some classes and then I was planning on calling Landon to check up and confirm our plans for that night. I unlocked the apartment and walked in, going straight to my room. 

I set my stuff down and then went back to the kitchen, making myself some yogurt. I put some strawberries in it and then went back to my room, opening my closet, and started looking for a dress to wear that night. 

Our plan was to go to dinner and then crash at his place. He told me that his roommates would be out that night and we hadn't hung out at either one of our places overnight in a while. 

I picked a classy black dress that wouldn't make me feel like I was naked but still showed off my curves. I shut the closet door and hung the dress on the handle, plopping down on my bed and grabbing my laptop, watching some YouTube videos, doing some homework, and killing time. 

Then I hopped in the shower. I washed my hair, shaved my legs, got out, blow-dried my hair, and kept blow-drying until I was convinced I'd done my best to make it look like a salon blowout. I let out a tired sigh, shaking my arm. 

Why were blowout brushes so heavy? 

I only had the towel wrapped around my body, and I kept it that way as I did my makeup. Then I put on some lotion which smelled like roses, and I won't lie, I liked everything that was rose-scented. I then put on the dress, some medium-sized gold hoops, perfume, and then the matching black heels. I stopped, grabbed my phone, and dialed Landon's number to ask when he would be there to pick me up. 

"I should have confirmed it all earlier," I mumbled to myself, grabbing my keys, phone, and a small Chanel purse that I'd gotten for my eighteenth birthday. My mom had this shipped here because she couldn't come with my dad. 

I tucked everything in it, even my pepper spray, just in case, and then I headed downstairs while putting the phone to my ear, waiting for him to answer. 

He wasn't picking up, though, and I repeatedly heard the dial tone. When I called again, I got his voicemail. That meant he'd just denied the call instead of letting it ring. I frowned, sitting in our lobby, on the couch. I leaned forward, resting my elbows on my knees, and waited it out. 

Maybe he was driving and that was why he couldn't answer the phone. 

I huffed in frustration while a middle-aged man sat right across from me. I sat upright and crossed one leg over the other, texting him. 

Where are you? 

I didn't get a reply. I waited five minutes before texting again. 

Should I just get a cab and meet you there? 

Still no reply. 

I looked up, catching the man staring. I gave him a disgusted look and then stood up, walking out of our apartment building. I hailed a cab, sticking one arm out. I was about to get in when my phone rang. 

I thought it would be Landon, but it was Chloe. 

"Hey, what's up?" I asked, holding the phone to my ear while opening the cab door and climbing in.