Hand Crushers and Phones

Todoroki stomped over and grabbed me by the upper arm before dragging me out of the room. "What the hell?! What are you doing?!" I shouted in protest.  He ignored me. Only once we were alone did he finally start talking.

"You're not a villain," he stated.

"No shit, Sherlock," I rolled my eyes, ripping my arm back out of his grasp.

"But you lied about knowing villains. And you have no real past. Officially, you don't even exist in this world, yet you know far too much about it. There's really only one explanation I can think of." I stared up at him, my voice suddenly gone. Could he have...? No, there's no way.

"Are your parents villains?"

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Your parents are villains, aren't they? It's the only thing that makes any sense. That's the reason you're not afraid of my father finding them, too," Todoroki repeated firmly. Holy crap, he wasn't joking.

"I... I honestly have no idea how to respond to that..."

"Miss (L/N)? You have a visitor," a nurse interrupted us, thank god. I turned around, my eyes widening when I caught sight of the young woman standing nervously in front of me. Todoroki frowned, annoyed at being interrupted in the middle of trying to confirm his insane theory, but eventually left us in favor of returning to the room so as to give us a bit of privacy.

"U-um, miss Oasis? I don't know if you remember me, but you saved me last night," she muttered hesitantly.

"Of course I remember you," I smiled kindly in an effort to relieve a bit of the tension. "How is your ankle doing?"

"Much better, thank you," she breathed out a soft sigh of relief. "I, um, noticed that you were filming yourself. I wasn't really sure why, but it looked pretty important, so, um..." She trailed off before quickly dropping into a bow and shoving something into my hands. "Thank you for everything! Goodbye!" She rushed before quickly turning around and rushing back down the hallway.

I frowned in confusion before glancing at the object in my hands. I gasped in shock. It was my phone.  I quickly turned back to thank her, but she was already long gone.

I let out a light laugh to myself, practically bouncing on the balls of my feet. First I got to tell off Endeavor and now the evidence I worked so hard to get was returned to me? Today was shaping up to be a great day.

I grinned and pocketed the device for now.  I'd been standing in that hallway for a while by that point, so I just decided to go back inside the joint hospital room before anyone found me alone and accused me of something. I actually ended up entering right behind Midoriya, who had just gotten off a call.

"Oh, hey, Iida!  I just talked to Uraraka," the green-haired boy greeted with a small smile.

"Midoriya," Todoroki interrupted, his face solemn, causing Midoriya and me both to stop in our tracks.  "Iida just got his test results back."

"My left hand might have damage that's permanent," Iida muttered softly, staring at the floor.  Ah, that's right.  Although I had managed to deflect a few of the other daggers, Stain had still managed to do quite a bit of damage before Todoroki and I even got there.  "Both my arms were pretty torn up, but the injury to my left arm was especially severe.  There was damage to my brachial plexus, which just means I'll have trouble moving my fingers, and my hand might have some numbness.  Apparently, there's a chance it could be healed with nerve transplant surgery."  He paused a moment, glancing back down at his feet.  "When I came across the Hero Killer, I stopped thinking rationally.  The first thing I should've done was call Manual, but I got lost in my own anger.  I hate him so much, but I can't deny he spoke the truth..."  He glanced back up resolutely.  "That's why, until I'm able to call myself a real hero, I'll leave my left hand as it is." I glanced down at my own right hand.  I had actually just gotten the results of my own tests back as well right before the heroes had shown up.