xii

Armin's POV

We sat there for a while. I rubbed Eren's back while he softly cried into his pillow. It bothered me a bit that my own boyfriend was choosing a pillow over me for comfort, but I just brushed the thought away.

Eren's POV

I didn't want to think about this, and I felt weak having Armin see me like this. He obviously didn't see me like that which was reassuring.

I let go of the pillow that I was so desperately clinging onto. I turned Armin's shoulders towards me and hugged him tight. This was much nicer than a pillow.

The force of my hug pushed Armin on his back. I didn't let go but laid there on top of him. He was smaller than me but he didn't seem to mind. My head laid on his chest and I could hear the steady rhythm of his heartbeat. My tears began to calm and my shaky breath became steady. Armin leaned towards me and kissed the top of my head, giving me a warm smile. My stomach fluttered and I held him tighter.

"Is it getting a bit better?" Armin asked. I nodded in response. "I'm glad," He said.

It was hard being at home all day feeling this saddening feeling in my stomach. I can't believe I was pushing Armin away. I'm glad Mikasa invited Armin over. She always knows what I need.

I felt my eyes get heavy. I drifted off to a light sleep.

"Guys, if you're hungry I made some dinner for us," Mikasa announced after knocking on my bedroom door.

"Okay we'll be down in a minute," Armin spoke for the both of us. I lifted my head off of Armin's chest and gave him a soft peck on the lips. He smiled and brushed his nose against mine. We slowly got up and headed downstairs where Mikasa had prepared Pasta and a few fruit smoothies for each of us.

"This looks delicious. Thank you Mikasa," I said. She walked over to me and rubbed my upper back.

"I just hope you're feeling better. I know it's been a rough day," She said. I nodded in response. "Ok so you guys can get your own bowls and," She stopped talking and looked at Armin who was already at the table slurping down a bowl of warm pasta.

"What. I'm hungry," Armin said with his mouth full. Mikasa and I looked at each other and bursted out in laughter. Armin had really become a part of this house. A part of this wonderful little family of ours.

The last weeks of school flew by and it was finally summer break. Armin and I spent basically all of our time together. Mikasa started hanging out with Sasha more often and overall everyone seemed to be in a better mood.

"Do you want to go swimming today?" Armin offered stirring the spoon around in his half eaten bowl of oatmeal.

Armin spent most nights at my place. We enjoyed cuddling while watching movies and falling asleep in each other's arms. So, naturally we usually ate breakfast together too.

"Yeah that sounds fun," I said.

After we finished cleaning up we put on our bathing suits and headed to the lake. It was a sunny day and quite humid as well, so a dip in the lake sounded wonderful.

With a swift motion I took off my shirt and ran towards the water.

"Cannon ball!" I shouted as I jumped in from the rope swing we'd set up a few years back. I saw Armin laughing when I popped back up to the surface. "C'mon in. It feels great," I told him. A second later he grabbed onto the rope and swung into the water. He giggled as he wiped his wet hair out of his face.

I couldn't help myself in that second he just looked so adorable. I grabbed his face with both my hands and pulled him in for a kiss.

"What was that for?" Armin smiled.

"Just because I love you," I said. I paused for a moment realizing that I've never said that before. "Uh I mean." I continued.

"Eren," Armin grabbed my shoulders. "I love you too. So much. Thank you for everything you have done for me."

My eyes lit up in euphoria. I pulled him closer and hugged his slim body. We looked at each other and leaned in for a passionate kiss. Probably my favorite kiss we've ever had out of the hundreds of ones we've shared over these months.

We continued laughing and splashing around in the water until it became dusk. It was just the beginning of the summer and I had the whole rest of it to spend with Armin.

How did I get so lucky? Armin saved me from myself and gave my life meaning again.

Thank you Armin Arlert. Thank you so much.

Author's Note: Thank you so much for 1k+ reads. This is the end of the story I hope you enjoyed it because I had a lot of fun writing it. I'm going to be writing a really angsty eremin story next. So if you enjoy pain, check it out :,)