ELEVEN.

Imposter.

The sound resounded through his head; and Y/n winced, feeling pain spike and sweat drip slowly down his cheek—what a recurring nightmare.

Every day he would wake up and have the same dream; over and over again. The same thoughts, thumping in his head.

Imposter.

You replaced him.

The people who love you don't love you; they love the former version..the one you replaced.

Y/n would watch the people around him, their smiles and laughter, and wonder if they truly knew him or if they were simply fooled by the facade he had constructed.

His heart reached out to Angelina; how many times had she unknowingly lived their life in a cycle; having her brother replaced over and over again? Be a different person each time? Watch her brother die—then start another timeline, with no memories?

Y/n had thought that the people before him had reincarnated as different people; but when he had brought this query up to Iris; he had realized..everyone before him had been Livio.

How many different versions had lived, then died?

Y/n was afraid.

Afraid he would either die—or be sent back to the nauseating world he once was. The thought of losing the love and acceptance he had found in his current life haunted Y/n— as did the possibility of returning to a reality he couldn't fully comprehend. A bleak one with no future in it.

And for that not to happen, he had to deviate the game's narrative. The next one was the second event with Elliot; that happened on the way to the Imperial Palace. Angelina had been invited by Aristidis to the palace; but in this case, would it happen? Now that the Crown Prince didn't even have a sliver of liking towards her—and in fact hostile—the likelihood of that happening was low..

[When does it start?] Y/n targeted the question to Iris, [It's been a few days.]

[Soon. But I warn you—unspeakable things will happen if you fail..]

[How civil. Now get lost.]

Those few days had simply been Y/n being pampered by Aristidis along with countless staff who worked in the academy. Either they really cared for Livio—or they were simply too nervous because the Crown Prince seemed to have taken a great liking to him...Y/n suspected it was the latter.

The mark was also bothering him greatly; while he wasn't exactly disturbed by it; the thought of it being displayed in plain sight embarrassed him. And was morifying for him; in a sense he still hadn't made sense of the jumbled up feelings. The letter from his father certainly did not help.

It was lines and lines of a repeated message; since when did you like guys, and why the Crown Prince? He's a dangerous person—if you need wealth, certainly ask me...pages and pages of desperation.

"You look troubled."

Y/n turned around; gave a sigh of relief when he saw it was the Crown Prince. He had grown extremely tired of the people and servants that had barged in day in and day out; and at least with Aristidis, he had a moment of reprieve.

He certainly was going to ignore the fact several servants had mysteriously gone missing.

The Crown Prince..well, he was a yandere. What was to be expected?

"Just things in my mind," Y/n said vaguely, noticing how Aristidis's gaze laid fixed on the imprint on his mark; like he was endlessly fascinated with it—"well, there has been a lot of things going on. What brings you here, Your Highness? I'm honored by your esteemed presence."