FOUR.

Elysian Heights—the Academy. It was only a matter of days before Y/n would have to attend it.

There was only a teeny, tiny problem; that Y/n, now posing as Livio, did not know anything about mana. Or how tests worked in the academy, for that matter. He had been too preoccupied with a certain Prince to even think about what he would do. And then there was the novel's plot—a few days had passed since Aristidis and Y/n had first talked, and now it was the day of Angelina's second 'first-meet' event—one that involved Elliot, a knight and commoner.

How would they meet? It was rather cliche; for Elliot had simply not been able to afford a sword he had desired—and Angelina, being the daughter from a wealthy family, had offered to buy it for him. It gave Elliot a sense of debt; and he spent most of his time trying desperately to repay what she had done for him.

This dynamic was the one of the most dangerous out of them all; for Y/n doubted whether it was even love. Perhaps Elliot wasn't obsessed with her; but by the thought of Angelina being his savior, and him returning the debt. One wrong move, and it would lead to the bad ending, where Elliot would betray Angelina.

And to make matters worse; the only reason why Y/n knew that the event had started was because he had seen a carriage leave for the city square, the place where the meet took place. So it was highly likely they had already met. Now the only thing he could do was discourage his sister from seeing Elliot again; through any method he could think of. But it wasn't like Y/n wanted to be controlling either; so he would have to approach Angelina in a...neutral way? A controlled manner? How would it be possible for him to prevent them from meeting again?

Whatever it was, it wouldn't do any harm for Y/n to check out the city square—he was just beginning to feel cooped up. Which was an issue he didn't even know could exist when he lived in an enormous manor.

"Young master, the Count called for you."

The voice broke Y/n out of his reverie, and he sat up right—stunned by the abrupt news. Has the game ever mentioned or specified the relationship between Livio and his father? As far as he was concerned, he knew Angelina's mother was dead—and that..

Dialogue from the game popped up in his mind.

[Why is it always Livio, father? Why do you adore your son so, yet despise your daughter?]

[Is it because you think I killed your wife—my mother? That my birth murdered her? Why did you choose Livio? Is it because he has the same raven black hair as my mother?]

Y/n paused.

Oh.

Livio and his father had a good relationship—the Count adored his only son. He constantly pampered him with gifts and spent much time with him, but neglected his only daughter. The reason—again, was cliche—of course his wife passed away. That seemed to be a recurring trait for every single one of the main character's backstory, be it in a novel otome game. Angelina sure had it hard; she did not receive any affection from anyone in the game in the early stages of her life, except for her brother.

No wonder she seems so fond of Livio..

For the first time, Y/n felt a pang. Essentially, he was replacing Livio. The person Angelina and The Count loved wasn't him.

It was a different person.

"...Then I'll go." Y/n called out softly, opening the door—"is Father in his study?" He noticed how the maid whom he had directed his question at blushed scarlet, stuttering over her words.

"Y-Yes, Young Master."

Hmm.

Handsome, intelligent, strong, and of a position with prestige. Y/n didn't see how Livio wasn't popular. But it wasn't like it mattered. Y/n was thankful the body he had reincarnated to wasn't that of a villain, or a main character. Simply a side one.