TWO.

Theo was the best possible event route Y/n could hope for.

His bad ending was tame compared to the others; one that resulted in a mere breakup. Elliot's was also pretty feasible—but Y/n would prefer if Angelina managed to avoid the [Betrayal] Route if things ended badly. If the game route didn't go as planned, Elliot would backstab Angelina in a desperate attempt to curry favor, but it would do the very opposite.

And it was just his luck.

Only today Y/n realized that the game was already in motion; Angelina was set to meet Aristidis Ambrose for tea to discuss diplomatic relations. It would trigger their first meeting, which was something Y/n did not want.

I can simply intercept it, though.

In their father's message, Lord Aragon—the count—only asked for someone to meet the Crown Prince as an envoy. He did not specify who. In the novel, Livio was simply too busy to make time, so Angelina had gone. But now Y/n was free; and would be able to spare time. Which meant he would be able to successfully disrupt their meeting, and prevent the destruction route.

"I can meet the Crown Prince later," Y/n said hastily, "don't busy yourself with such trivial matters. You must be very busy now—preparing for the academy."

"That would be good," Angelina gave a sigh of relief, "I was wondering how I should fit things into my schedule. And I must say, I'm terrified of His Highness! Have you heard the rumors flitting about?"

"Well.."

Y/n had only heard the squealing gossip of the maids, murmuring about how good-looking Aristidis was. He was seen as one of—if not the most desirable male in the Empire, partly because of his prestige and good looks. He was also said to be rather an enigma—no one daring to approach him because of his position. But Y/n had never outrightly heard anything bad about him.

But of course, he must be a little mentally deranged if he's a yandere.

"They say his smile is like a dozen knives. They say with just a flick of his hand, he can command the deaths of those who wrong him! I wouldn't want to meet someone like that."

Good. Just stay with Theo, Y/n internally pleaded.

"He can't be that bad.." Y/n mumbled, knowing his words were more to convince himself rather than his sister, "he can't be some psycho that will cut down people just to get what he wants, right?"

No. He's precisely that.

"Whatever it is, it's just a meeting. It's purely business." Y/n reasoned, "focus on yourself. Your debut is in a few days time. Don't worry about this."

"If you are sure.." Angelina looked skeptical, shrugging, "just don't let me catch you injured—then I'll definitely say I told you so." She gave a good-natured grin and nudged him on the shoulder, before leaving.

Y/n blinked. That was an unexpected side.

Well, I better get going, Y/n thought listlessly, I'm not particularly scared, or afraid.

Perhaps it was the fact he viewed this not as his own life; but merely standing in in an outsider's world. Perhaps it was because he viewed it as a mere game; most of the fear had been ebbed away. However, there was still a feeling of uncertainty.

Y/n pushed aside any lingering uncertainties and focused on the task at hand. He made their way through the opulent halls of the manor, guided by servants who directed him towards the designated meeting room—with giggles and nudges, he noticed.

Livio was quite a popular guy in the game, wasn't he..

As he walked, Y/n mentally rehearsed his strategy, reminding himself to stay calm and collected. Whatever it was, he had to stay poised; and to not let anything slip away that might give away the fact about his true identity. Though Y/n didn't think Livio had actually spoken to the Crown Prince in the game before, prior to this moment. At most, they had just glanced at each other in the academy halls.