Ep.1: Cruelty

One snowy evening the Kamado family were having dinner melting all their problems away with the sound of laughter and family fun but that laughter was soon to be turned into screams of
terror...

••

"Tanjiro?" "You're face is covered soot." Kie Kamado said wrapping a towel over her hands "Come here" she says slowly walking over to Tanjiro wiping his face with the soft towel.

"It's dangerous with all this snow, Tanjiro. You don't have to go you know?" Kai, Tanjiro's older brother says stepping out from behind a corner. Tanjiro turns to Kai "Well I want everyone to eat their fill on New Year's, so I'm going to sell as much charcoal as I can." Tanjiro says smiling despite his mother wiping his face.

Kie smiles "Thank you, Tanjiro" Kie says before standing up.
"Big bro!" Shigeru,Tanjiro's younger brother shouts running up to them with his little sister following close behind "You're going to town again right?" "I'm going with you!" Tanjiro's younger sister, Hanako shouts seemingly worried. "Hey- guys wait!" They hear someone shouting which was revealed to be Atsuki, Tanjiro's older sister who seemed to be running after Hanako and Shigeru.

"Sorry couldn't keep them away after they heard you were leaving." Atsuki said sheepishly coming to a stop at her running. "Oh, no, you're not." Kie says directing her attention towards the younger siblings. "You know you can't walk as fast as Tanjiro." Kie says worriedly but still keeping her strict tone. "In that case may I go with Tanjiro?" Atsuki asked  "Yes, you may go, Atsuki" Kie says "Mom!" Shigeru whines. "That's not fair!" Hanako whines after Shigeru "Big bro!" Shigeru shouts hugging Tanjiro."I wanna go with you too!" Hanako whines running up to Atsuki. "I wanna go with you! I promise I'll help you!" Hanako shouts desperately Atsuki smiles softly "Thanks, Hanako but you're staying home." Hanako's expression brightness before slowly turning into a frown.

Tanjiro kneels down to get to Shigeru's height "You, too, Shigeru. But I'll get you tons of goodies, okay? Shigeru's expression brightness a little before turning into a full smile "Really?" He asked with excitement Tanjiro nods. Atsuki kneels also, patting Hanako's head  "I'll make sure to read to you when I'm back." Hanako smiles "Okay!" Hanako says with joy. "Thank you, Tanjiro, Atsuki."
Kie says gratefully. "Okay, we'll be heading out now." Atsuki says already walking away "I'll be waiting for you Tanjiro, bye everyone!" Atsuki shouts with her silhouette slowly fading as she walks away.

"Be careful, I'll keep watch." Kai who was flipping a knife on the roof says with a nonchalant expression.
"Wh- Kai! I told you to stop playing with knives!" Tanjiro says in a concerned voice. "Kai get down from there!" Kie shouts with a strict tone. "Okay but only for 10 minutes." Kai says annoyed "No,Kai down now." Kie says getting slightly annoyed. Kai groans and throws the knife at a tree in an irritated manner. The knife sticks to the tree and Kai jumps down.

"Well I guess I'll be off don't want to keep Atsuki waiting." Tanjiro says starting to walk away until he hears footsteps following from behind and turns around only to be tackled into a hug by his family as Kai watches in the distance. Tanjiro laughs light heartedly before glancing over at Kai and standing up walking over to him. Kai had his back turned but turns around just in time to be trapped into hug by non other then Tanjiro. "You don't always have to be alone you know." Tanjiro says softly.

Kai slowly looks at Tanjiro before returning the hug "Thanks, I needed that.." Kai says gently. Tanjiro smiles softly and starts walking away "Bye, everyone!" Tanjiro says waving and walking away "Be safe,okay?" "Hurry back, okay?" His family shouts their goodbyes as Tanjiro walks away