Happy Wife, Happy Life

Life was blissful. I had just graduated with my bachelors degree, started a new job as a operations manager, & l had just married the love of my life. I couldn't complain even if l wanted to. Today l was starting my new job, & my husband was getting a raise at his job.

We had just moved into our first home, and bought a new car. We aren't ready to start having children just yet, because we really want to enjoy each other.

I woke up bright and early out of excitement of starting this new leadership position. This would be my first leadership position and l wanted to make an impression on those l would be guiding along the way as well as management over me.

I was interviewed & hired in by a man named Jean Rene. He sounded African American on the phone, but in person l noticed he had an accent.

"How was the commute here? I know traffic can be hectic at this time. Are you new to the area?" Jean Rene asked, opening the office door for me. He was 6'3, with creamy dark chocolate skin. He had no blemishes or marks, his skin was so smooth. His lips were full, and slightly lighter than his skin. His smile could brighten up the darkest of days, his teeth were so white, and perfect. He wore his hair cut low, with a fresh line up. His beard was full, and tapered. He wore all black that day. Black slacks with a black short sleeve shirt, with Gucci loafers, and a Gucci belt to match. He was very clean cut, and you could tell he spent a pretty penny on his cologne because it didn't give me a headache & l got lost in the scent and wanted to know the brand. Before l could ask him, l was startled by his deep soothing voice.

"Are you okay? Is this enough space? He asked. "I'm sorry, l was stuck in a daze", l said smiling. It felt like l knew him already, like l had seen him before, or new him from a previous life. His energy felt very familiar. "Yes this space is perfect, it's huge. Will this space be for only me"? "We'll if you don't mind, I'll be sharing this space with you as well so that we can easily communicate". He replied. I didn't mind at all. Handsome could not even describe his looks, it was like he had walked out of a GQ magazine and came straight to the office. It was so hard for me to keep my eyes off of him. I snapped out of it, reminding myself l had a loving husband at home.

I loved my husband, but as far as looks went, he was no Jean Rene. Jean Rene was my physical type.

We completed orientation, he gave me a tour of our office suite, and the building. Setup my email, and phone, and then shocked me when he offered to take me to lunch. "Orientation is over, but if you have time, I'd like to take you to lunch", Jean Rene asked, sitting on the edge of my desk, looking into my eyes fiercely. I could tell he knew he was making me uncomfortable but kept going anyway. I was at a loss for words, l couldn't speak. He continued "There's a nice Jamaican spot, Ethiopian food, or would you like pasta or pizza"...l interrupted and said "Jamaican food is fine".

We both ordered oxtails, peas & rice, and plantains. We talked and laughed like old friends for over an hour. I had forgotten l told my husband l was going to have dinner cooked by the type he got home, and l still needed to go to the grocery store. I had about three hours to try to make it through traffic, get groceries, and prepare dinner. Three hours seems like a lot of time, but l also have OCD, and wanted to clean everything top to bottom, before cooking dinner.

I was really enjoying myself with Jean Rene. I had moved from Ohio to Maryland to be with my husband whom l met on Instagram. After a few weeks of talking and FaceTiming, he convinced me to come for a week to stay in Maryland to see if I'd like staying there, and l absolutely loved it. After two months, we went to the courthouse and got married. Then shortly after moved into our new home together. Things moved really fast, but it was like we were meant to be. My husband was seven years older than me, and more responsible than the men l was use to dating.